Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an existing JCW owner (albeit soft top version but 2013 registration) I am an avid and loyal Mini fan, loved the new JCW so much I ordered a tin top R56 in May....
Chose my options....as per the marketing, pimp your Mini - express yourself and all that!
Anyway, no delivery date because Mini has withdrawn the 17 inch black wheel with run flat option.....end of discussion.
So end of last week asked the dealer if I could add a factory fitted option, No I was told Mini have ' locked down the order' your JCW will be delivered on 15 July...how so? I asked...the wheel/tyre option has not been resolved....
Answer..... mini have no resolution, you have these options;
Original wheels but no run flats
18 inch Chilli pack option wheels with run flats

So Mini are going to build my Mini with the wheels I don't want and I have to accept this!!

I feel bullied into spending £30K on a car with wheels I hate, or tyres that will leave me stranded if I have a puncture....

No options, no discussions....take it or tough..

The only reason I know the car is being built is because I asked the dealer to add an option otherwise I would have gone to collect my dream car to find it wasn't what I ordered...

Very,very,very unhappy customer

Anyone else stuck in this situation?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Why not get the 17's and ask your dealer to get them re-finished? Hailsham Mini offered this off the bat...
As it was Mrs loves the 18" that come with the chili pack. For re-sale, chili pack is pretty much essential IMHO, reduces your cost of ownership in the long term. Mini wont negotiate at the moment as demand is out-stripping supply..

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you ordered an R56 in May, wheels are the least of your worries...

Joking aside do you really need run flats? I've been driving for 25 years and in that time only had 1 puncture.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you ordered an R56 in May, wheels are the least of your worries...

Joking aside do you really need run flats? I've been driving for 25 years and in that time only had 1 puncture.
I wish. I've had 2 in the last 3 months :eek: And the run flats got me out of a right mess to be honest as I was miles away from home on a Sunday where there were no tyre places open

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was told I had to pay for any refinish myself........I just wanted black wheels with run flats, I am usually on my own using country lanes and motorways, had an awful experience on the motorway with a puncture a few years ago in broad daylight on the busiest motorway in the UK and had my car written off on the side of the road.....to me run flats are a gift from Dunlop..
Looks like I have to have the chilli pack option wheels whether I like it or not.
Turns out this is not Mini it is the dealer hitting the build button, thanks Mr Dealer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts