Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having a problem disconnecting my side indicators.

I picked up some JCW Pro side scuttles and thought I'd see how they looked on my car as I wasn't sure whether I wanted them on or not. Will be selling them on if I decide against putting them on mine. Any opinions on whether I should put them on or not would be greatly appreciated by the way :D

Anyways, I just went to dry fit them first to see what I thought and I couldn't disconnect the indicator bulb. The whole lens casing popped out easily from the side of the car but the bulb? No! Checked the manual and it said to just turn it anti clockwise to release it, which I did with some force but nothing happened. tried turning it the other way too just in case but again wouldn't budge. I didn't want to apply any more force in case I broke something. Am I doing something wrong?!

·
Registered
285 Posts
From memory just twist through 180 degrees and it will slide out. I like the side scuttles and have the grey/black chequered. After having them my car would look bare without them.

I fitted them with double sided tape there a thread on here somewhere.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Thanks :)

I saw the thread about the side scuttles as I was looking on there for any info about removing the bulb!

I was all ready with my 3M tape ready to fit but couldn't get the bloomin bulbs out :(

Man those bulbs are in tight!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
If everything falls just stop by at the Dealer and see if they can make you a Copy on how to remove the Side Marker. Make sure you have some Pizzas with you;) Works at my Dealer all the time.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.