Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to get a discount from the dealership in the purchase of their new F56?
I´m pushing my dealership for a discount due to 3 missed delivery dates but they say there are no discounts authorized for the new mini

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Depends where you go and how hard you are willing to push

I got close to 8% initially and then BMW gave me a 300 credit for the delays - pushing towards 10% altogether

I can live with that - I'm a private buyer - no business and no finance :D

Where are you - and how far are you prepared to go?

I got my first deal from berry Heathrow before it went sour - now Gabriella Langford Jones is looking after me at Dick Lovett Bristol.

Give her a call - customer service is absolutely brilliant

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys,
Unfortunately I´m located in Mexico... I got almost a 2% discount and they are saying that´s all they can do. I actually told them that if they didn´t give me more discount I would cancell my order and guess what? the general manager said OK, we´ll cancel it. I really want the car hehe
In my city there is only ONE mini dealership, I guess they use it to their advantage...
I´m very frustrated... Oh, one more thing: My car arrived last thursday, had a scratch.. they took it to the body shop repainted that piece and don´t want to give me anything for the troubles.
The only reason i´m sticking with mini is because i really love the car

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well

You could always ask Gabby to ship it over to you lol :D

Do you have a Mini/BMW management network in place in Mexico? Couldn't they help?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually called mini mexico 800 number... their answer to all of this was we can´t help you because this is a CUSTOMER SERVICE, and I´m not a customer yet due to the fact that I haven´t purchased the car. I just gave them a cashier check in order to separate the car. It´s really a bad service

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well that's not good enough

I had a problem with Mini Customer service too with my delay - it will be 5 months instead of 2 instead of 3 before my Mini comes - I nearly had an argument with them before I stopped and escalated the problem to BMW - it worked got my £300 credit so it worked

Of course I know it won't be equal service in Mexico but that doesn't allow anyone to be rude - at the end it's about the brand - and no one is doing a good job protecting it.

I don't know what else to suggest...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks GoKart7,
The only "good" thing is that the general manager of my dealership was fired yesterday (never like when someone losses their job, but if you don´t know how to do your job well you had it coming)... I think my call to mini mexico worked for something. Hopefully the new manager if not for me but for future customers will give a better service.
I´m still trying to push for something (discount, accesories anything), but I made up my mind that I won´t get much... The "good" thing is that we have 3 years of free maintenance. I don´t know if that´s standard for all countries.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good question! I have always wondering why there was nobody talking about price paid and now we finally have this thread.

I paid MSRP in SF Bay Area :( I was willing to paid at MSRP because truecar.com indicated that it's only $US200-300 below MSRP for a dealer inventory car. I thought it may be true that no discount for a custom order car. Did I make a mistake? The dealer verbally told me the $1000 deposit is refundable and it hasn't be deposited after 2 weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts