Mini Cooper Forum banner

Do ride height sensor need or benefit from lubrication?

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Imperial 
#1 ·
I have F55 and assume F56 would be the same. Anyone tried to lube the ball joints on the ride height sensors front and back? I looked under my car and they seemed dry, maybe that is normal.

See less See more
#3 ·
1) Which grease might work? I was thinking about WD-40 Silicone Lubricant spray. I could put general grease, but spray would penetrate better as I am not dissembling the sensor to grease it.
2) The right headlight is lower than the left. I am in US and left one should be lower than the right but I have the opposite. Could the sensor be the culprit or I just need to re-aim the vertical adjustment?

#5 ·
Basically the reason I wanted to try lubricating the ride height sensor is because that right headlight being a bit lower. I will show some photos. What is interesting is the if I come closer to the wall at about 2m, the lights are almost the same(very close), if I go a bit farther from the wall to 3 or 4m, then the difference is a bit more pronounced. 2 images of a car with white bonnet are for my vehicle. Other 2 images are for the loaner 2020 F56 loaner. I just want to increase the right side a bit.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.