Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the process of trading in my 2014 R58 Works for a new F56 Works hatch.

I've had the R58 for 18 months which really isn't long for me but I guess something must not have been right for me to decide on a new one?

I gave my R58 her last clean at the weekend before I hand it back and I stood back and thought how lovely it looked. It made me a bit sad :( Even though this car was obviously not right for me and I missed having four seats (even though there's normally only me in the car ... is that weird lol?!) I have obviously grown very attached.

Now this morning on my way to work I stopped to get petrol and a lady stopped me on my way out and said 'Oh my, just wanted to say what a stunning looking mini!' It's made me sad all over again.

I'm so excited to be getting my new one on Friday but am gutted to be letting this one go. I remember fretting over the spec and making sure it was just perfect for me at the time. Just want it to go to a loving home I guess. Does anyone else feel that way, or am I being silly?!

So anyway, here's a few pics of the beast and if anyone needs a lovely car for their missus then they'll be the perfect one fully specc'd at Cooper Colchester in a few days WINK WINK!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
**** yeah! I still miss (regret getting rid of) my RCZ. The night before I collected my MINI, you'd think I was taking a pet to the cat'n'dog home. I was a mess! I would have bought another RCZ but the drop in value meant I couldn't realistically afford a replacement .... i.e. the exact same spec would be costing an extra £200/month above what I currently was paying.

Even after 3 years or problem free driving - can't say that about the MINI!!!! - Amber never failed to turn heads or strike up conversations in the petrol station forecourts ..... usually opening comments being "What a gorgeous car" "That's never a Peugeot". The MINI just doesn't fill the gap.

I still believe I will have an RCZ R at some point ....but let someone else take the hit first! I believe residuals are getting a touch better now they've stopped manufacturing it #bigmistakepeugeot

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaah love that Donna. Glad I am not the only softy! I know I'll cry like a baby when mine goes! But hopefully the new one will help to take my mind off things. Just hope I've got the spec right and it lives up to expectations!

Love the beach photo btw <3

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Dreadfully Emy. After running a mk 2 mr2 for 14 years I swore I'd never get attached again but I do. With every car I or my wife owns. I'm the one who looks after them and know all three inside out ie every mark foibles etc and yes they all do! I try my best to keep them all perfect and miss every single car I've ever owned. Worst ever though was our first mini,which was my wife's. Mini baker street cabrio. Stunning in brown with beautiful alloys and brown leather piped in turquoise. She swapped it for a roadsters s faster and more luxury but still wish we had it!(As you might tell) .thought we'd keep that forever!makes me sad and trouble is I see it most days as his new owner lives round the corner from work.we called him truffle!. Even now I worry ill never be able to part with my Cooper f56 (jasper) but if you always try to buy better or more kit or performance etc you can! Just!Mind saying that I love our base model Dania duster for what he is, max is rugged cheap with no frills ie not even a stereo but so far amazingly reliable, great tow car and 4x4 for £11000. Amazing. As they say. Dacia. Do the maths. Sorry rambling but loves all our cars and motorbikes as if they were our children. And our caravan too. Dale btw(avondale!).

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Kinda sorta I love my F56 but would I miss it if it gets totaled tomorrow probably not because you can order another one with the same specs and color combo but I have to say I got pretty attached to the R 56 that we picked up for our Teen over the last 2 weeks because I transformed her from an ugly duck into a beauty. 1st the search than the transformation piece by piece and when I was all done with her yesterday I was proud of the R56 how she turned out. What put a big damper on my feelings for the F56 was when I got the Estimate for the damage from the Dust Storm just like on my Abarth it got damaged in the 1st 9 month of ownership.:(:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.