Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo Hoo hit 2500 Miles today. But I have to admit that I pamper my new Mini way too much:( I cleaned washed and Spit shined my Mini more than I hit the Sport Mode. Is there anybody else out there that is a little weird about there new Mini??????

I have to say that I hardly ever did that with any of my other new Cars except with my Porsche 944. The G/F thinks i lost my Mind:D>:D Should I go and get help?

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Nope I'm just the same it's only 8 months old but has already had oops too many polishes. I even washed it before I went to work last week as it was dusty. Spend my spare time looking at car cleaning products. V sad.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nope. I bought it to drive it, and that's what I do. I regularly wash it to prevent clear coat stains, and get it detailed once a year, but I don't baby it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It's had 3 baths since I brought it home, so I'm averaging about a wash every two weeks. Basically, once the bugs and dirt build up. I did buy it some fancy car wash stuff, but nothing beats my FW1 as it makes the car all slippery and dirt doesn't stick as easily (not to mention it shines like the sun itself). I didn't baby the engine too much... it had a good run through the break in period, but now that it's broken in I did wrap it up a bit more and start playing with the steptronic last Thursday night... popping my exhaust just because I could ha. I do need to vacuum the thing, though. My biggest thing is not parking anywhere near any other cars - I swear I will protect it from door dings as long as I possibly can!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe a wash every two to three weeks but nothing too fussy. I'm probably more concerened about keeping the inside clean & tidy; I hate cars where the interior resembles a recycling skip.

If I was planning to keep the car for a long time then maybe I'd get the polish out. But it'll never be mine as I'll hand it back sometime by the end of the finance deal.

Derek

·
Registered
505 Posts
Maybe a wash every two to three weeks but nothing too fussy. I'm probably more concerened about keeping the inside clean & tidy; I hate cars where the interior resembles a recycling skip.

If I was planning to keep the car for a long time then maybe I'd get the polish out. But it'll never be mine as I'll hand it back sometime by the end of the finance deal.

Derek
That is another thing I've noticed I'm doing... no trash... not even a slip of paper. For some reason I just do not allow myself to leave even the check from a drive through in there. I also somehow keep refusing to leave loose change in it. I'm not entirely sure where that's coming from in my subconscious, but I suspect it's the, I'll just call it "inordinate" amount of loose change I'd allow to build up in the truck ha.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I try for monthly deep clean washes, and weekly maintenance cleanings. However, I sport mode almost every time I drive my MINI once it's warmed up. Overall though, yes I treat my MINI like the royalty it is. :p

·
Registered
890 Posts
When it looks a bit dirty the bodywork gets the waterless clean and polish treatment, following a mild pressure wash if required in the Winter, the black plastic pieces get suitable colour restorer applied and the wheels are cleaned.

Takes about 30minutes. Longer if the pressure washer is used first.

Looks as perfect now as when bought a year ago.

The inside is always spotless, so no work required there.

Not exactly pampering, but special treatment isn't needed to keep Minis looking good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've always pampered all my cars to the delight of the next owner. Actually I enjoy detailing out my cars with the music on. I find it relaxing and provides some exercise.

The only thing I've done different with my Mini is to wrap my large flashlight and other emergency items I keep in the storage area with thick towels so that I can toss the car around and not hear a single thing rattling around.

·
Banned
122 Posts
I pampered it to break in. Brought it gradually up to my lead foot. Now I punch it in sport mode with DCS with a dump of my clutch just to feel that tire spin up into 2nd. This is an occassional event, mostly when my GF wants to feel my Go-Kart Go.

Other than that I drive it pretty tamely whem Im not feeling fiesty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts