Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably a minor point considering the delays some customes are suffering ; anyway : I recently took delivery of my Cooper and all I got was a handbook and nothing else ( no service record , no warranty booklet , no protective wallet / case etc). My dealer says that this is all that they supply now, is this the same everyone else is being told?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes, this is the story that seems to be emerging. I have less of an issue with this if this is becoming an industry wide practice, but when selling the car you'll need to include all the printouts of services.....

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
We got a warranty book as well as the hand book. If it is the same as BMW the service history is displayed on the centre screen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can download Owners manual into your Android device - smart phone or tablet - it works perfecty and if you know your VIN it will custom load only your specs - otherwise it uploads full demo version - just follow instructions posted on another thread on this topic ... good luck!

Note - the app has 1.7Mb and this forum does not allow this .app extension upload (I tried it) - I shared it with forum administrator but he did not figured yet how to do it....

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Does anybody know if the manual will fit in the pouch that came with the R56? If so I might buy one to protect the manual.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Strange. I got all of that:
- owner's manual
- service & warranty information
- retailer directory
- folded booklets related to recommended tires and run-flat tires
- in a nice pouch ...

I know this is probably a minor point considering the delays some customes are suffering ; anyway : I recently took delivery of my Cooper and all I got was a handbook and nothing else ( no service record , no warranty booklet , no protective wallet / case etc). My dealer says that this is all that they supply now, is this the same everyone else is being told?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine was delivered like this:
  • A manual. In content terms, it is very similar to the Android app, and was immediately filed in the cupboard at home.
  • A "certificate" saying I have the service plan. I presume this is all held electronically at the dealer.
  • A warranty information booklet.
  • No pouch was provided.
  • No service record book was provided. Advice was to "just keep your receipts".
  • Copious junk about gap insurance, alloy wheel and tyre insurance, paint protection stuff.

I wish I'd held on to the nice pouch I had with the older R56.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine was delivered like this:
  • A manual. In content terms, it is very similar to the Android app, and was immediately filed in the cupboard at home.
  • A "certificate" saying I have the service plan. I presume this is all held electronically at the dealer.
  • A warranty information booklet.
  • No pouch was provided.
  • No service record book was provided. Advice was to "just keep your receipts".
  • Copious junk about gap insurance, alloy wheel and tyre insurance, paint protection stuff.

I wish I'd held on to the nice pouch I had with the older R56.
you got scammed a nice mini pouch!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts