Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

Apologies, newbie here and only had the mini a few weeks. I tried to connect this up, it did show fuel, range I could drive then I got an update to the app and that all vanished. It tells me I’m not remotely connected, but does not point me where to go the switch the remote connection on :mad: it may something simply but I just don’t have a clue. I’ve disconnecte, re-installed the app, nothing.... Oh but I can set my favourite location on the app for the nav, pointless really.

if anyone has any idea I’d be interested

thanks all

·
Registered
453 Posts
MINI Connected before 2018 = :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have one of the early 2016 systems. It did not work on Android for the first 8 months of ownership but did on IOS.
It now has basic functions but works very well on Android but only through a cable connection.

Try to delete the phone from the car. Go into the App settings o. The phone and delete the cache and any data. Then delete the App. Reboot the phone. Reinstall the app. Reconnect and see what happens?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of the early 2016 systems. It did not work on Android for the first 8 months of ownership but did on IOS.
It now has basic functions but works very well on Android but only through a cable connection.

Try to delete the phone from the car. Go into the App settings o. The phone and delete the cache and any data. Then delete the App. Reboot the phone. Reinstall the app. Reconnect and see what happens?
Thanks, I will give this a try. Car is only a few weeks old and this is the only thing that has frustrated me 🙁. The car is a joy to drive, so much fun 😂🤣

will you know how I get on 👍

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had my 2019 JCW for two weeks now, I set up the 'connected app' on my android and all worked well with the exception of the 'Mate', other owner's said it was a waste of time and they were correct. The other day I became aware of a new version, very similar to the previous one but no facility for the 'Mate', still not brilliant though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, it's almost a well made app.

All it lacks is some more reasons a reason to exist.

My JCW supports Alexa, apparently, but the only way to open that functionality is to link your Mini Connected account to your Amazon account. Unfortunately, the 'Hub' option required for this in Mini Connected has been awol for 18 months or so. I contacted Mini Connected and was told the Alexa integration on the app had been withdrawn because it suffered from bugs. Go, BMW, go!

I'm not sure I even want Alexa in the car, but, you know, world class auto manufacturer and all that.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The more technology the manufacturers put in their cars, the more I seem to dislike it, and I'm a techie. I think because most of time it is poorly executed. I have driven a Model S and Model 3 from Tesla and they do it well, but it still wouldn't make me buy a car. Perhaps I should go the other way and buy a Morgan :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The more technology the manufacturers put in their cars, the more I seem to dislike it, and I'm a techie. I think because most of time it is poorly executed. I have driven a Model S and Model 3 from Tesla and they do it well, but it still wouldn't make me buy a car. Perhaps I should go the other way and buy a Morgan :)
Tend to agree with you here. I’d go back to my RS days 😂🤣

21 - 29 of 29 Posts