Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Boston Terrier that goes everywhere with us, I'm constantly afraid of him scratching up my seats but also hate the look of cheesy seat covers. Any members here have any interesting solutions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Funny, I have a BT as well. When we travel with him, we just put him in a dog bed with sides on it. He pretty much stays in it all the time in the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
I had a black lab, and sadly his only trip in the cooper was to the vets to be put to sleep.

How big is a boston terrior, sorry I'm not familiar with the breed. In the UK the common thing is for dogs to go in the boot (trunk) with a dog duard to stop them from jumping over into the back seats - is this a possibility?

If that's not possible, how about one of those mini seat covers?

·
Registered
288 Posts
had my rotty in once as i took him to vets,nearly home he puked all over the seat and down the side. Yuck had to remove seat for thorough clean. Never again lol

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
We've bought a Dania duster. 4x4 £11495 on the road. Dog is officially allowed to mess it up and keeps our minis pristine. Drastic I know but...........

·
Registered
81 Posts
Similar solution here - have two spaniels and a jack russell so the Mini would never be big enough but we have a company hack and my sons old 206 to serve that purpose....

Ian

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use the MINI seat covers (the ones that double as a picnic blanket) for my 2 pugs. Takes only a minute to snap into place when it's needed, or to remove and roll up for storage when done with it. Also covers and protects the entire boot space if you use it w/ the seats folded all the way down.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I use the MINI seat covers (the ones that double as a picnic blanket) for my 2 pugs. Takes only a minute to snap into place when it's needed, or to remove and roll up for storage when done with it. Also covers and protects the entire boot space if you use it w/ the seats folded all the way down.
Are they secure enough back there? No tumbling around?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem with my girl...she weighs 65 lbs., and gets really uncomfortable in the car sometimes...so she digs her claws into the seat. Sadly, after one ride in my MINI, she was banned from the car until further notice.

A couple weeks ago, I bought her a small dog bed. It's just big enough to cover the seat where she sits. I also got her a seat belt harness to help hold her steady! Now when she goes in the car, she's belted in, has comfortable place to sit that has her scent on it, and I don't have to worry about her claws on my seat! It works great!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are they secure enough back there? No tumbling around?
My dogs are pretty quiet and lazy, so they just sit there and do nothing and don't really tumble around. In previous cars, I used to put their dog beds so I think now they just associate being in the car with laying down and sleeping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hes about 25lbs and from the minute I got him 13 weeks he's loved the car. has never gotten car sick and have driven him all around california in my civic SI. I have the leatherette seats as well, normally he sits shotgun or on my girlfriends lap (he likes looking out the window) when we go anywhere. I might just keep a blanket and try my best to secure it. We tried the back seat on our last long trip and he ended up just falling asleep but for short trips we normally keep him up front.

·
Banned
122 Posts
an old bed sheets works nicely. Put it down when he's in there, fold it up and put it in the trunk when hes not there. Simple, cheap, and effective.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Black seat. I put down a very nice black comfy soft plush cotton towel for my 20 lb. dog. He loves it and no other issues.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dogs are better than cats - just.

I have a Boston Terrier that goes everywhere with us, I'm constantly afraid of him scratching up my seats but also hate the look of cheesy seat covers. Any members here have any interesting solutions.
Get a large dirty washing tub, put a cover on it with a hole just big enough for Fido's head - Next question?;)

Reactions: nicktsigos

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have two Miniature Dachshunds who won't stay still, and will either scratch the leather/cloth/doors. I really hope for a miracle fix to prevent them damaging anything in my car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.