Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me if the door lock button on the top of the drivers door card should go right down when you lock the car?

The passenger door button goes right down but the drivers stays up! Is that normal or do I have a fault?
Cheers guys.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Normally yes, when both doors are closed, you and the key fob are outside the car, and you push the lock button... it should lock instantly.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Are you using the fob to lock or the button inside the door?

If you have comfort access, did you leave a fob inside the car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No comfort access. I am outside of the car, all doors shut, press the lock button on the fob. The car locks, passenger button goes down but the drivers stays up even though the door is physically locked.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's still locked though?

Very strange...hm....

·
Registered
508 Posts
The door lock button is shown as an integral part of the locking rod (10), but I wonder if in your case the button isn't fully pushed onto the rod? Does the button go even higher when the door is uinlocked? If so, I would be trying to push the button down on the rod, without using enough force to bend the rod.

·
Super Moderator
7,902 Posts
Often the plastic bit might not be screwed down on to the rod try turning it.if it moves down but is just high then that's likely.if it doesn't move you have a fault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts