Mini Cooper Forum banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I only noticed this after coming across the thread then checked, have about an inch of a white'ish line in this spot.

I guess for a 4 year old model its not so bad considering some of the photos in this thread. I'm just going to use a touch up brush and then apply some 3M film over it once cured. I'd be hesitant to get anything resprayed even if it was free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I only noticed this after coming across the thread then checked, have about an inch of a white'ish line in this spot.

I guess for a 4 year old model its not so bad considering some of the photos in this thread. I'm just going to use a touch up brush and then apply some 3M film over it once cured. I'd be hesitant to get anything resprayed even if it was free.
This is a poor design fault of BMW's and they should repair it under the paint or rust warranty thier rubber door seels dry out due to friction and heat from friction and they know it surley?
Arecall should be done to all 3 door cars as the long doors maybe a factor or a baggy door hindge and poor car ridgidity maybe but it is for sure a design fault.

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
It is the rubber door interface ,rough and dirt doesn't help, not a saggy or moving door. Got my 3m film already to apply a soon as our new car arrives.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I assume its a 3M like film? I thought the paint would take some time to cure before applying film, unless its breathable?
Yep...just a clear film shaped specifically to cover the vulnerable area.

They had the car for 24hrs. I have no idea about paint curing times...I just have to assume that the guys at the body shop know what they’re doing. I don’t believe they’d have applied it if there was any chance it’d cause an issue. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I suppose they would have baked the paint under lamps after spraying which would have sped up the process.

Any pics? Interested to see the shape of the film

221 - 229 of 229 Posts