Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
Does anyone know if my mini will fail it’s MOT with the drive train light on . Mini are saying it’s the clutch but it’s not slipping . My car is not even 3 year old ! Any help on drive train would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
7,442 Posts
According to a quick Google no. Safety related i.e. tyre pressure and airbag etc do but not some others but best to ring an mot centre to check .either way it needs sorting and does not sound like clutch. More a sensor.

Reactions: ventmore

·
Registered
389 Posts
hi
Does anyone know if my mini will fail it’s MOT with the drive train light on . Mini are saying it’s the clutch but it’s not slipping . My car is not even 3 year old ! Any help on drive train would be appreciated
If your car's under 3 years old, then surely MINI will repair the fault under warranty? However, if they don't get round to fixing it before you have to get the MOT, then you may get a fail. It depends how strict and how well the tester knows what the warning is on the dash. Many testers will fail with any warning light showing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If the car is not 3 years old it should be under warranty. I would get it checked before the warranty runs out and the MOT is due.

How many miles has the car done, a 3 year old clutch should be able to handle at least 30,000 miles unless it has been a track car or used by a driving instructor where you might expect excessive wear and tear.

·
Super Moderator
7,442 Posts
Yes Minis problem any way and usually if you gave the mot at a Mini dealer the first mot faults are fixed by Mini anyway but that may have gone??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts