Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2017 F56 Justa that came without Mini's greatest option - the third sun visor (above the driver's door). I have two plastic cap-type things where the visor or grip handle should be.

I just bought the original Mini part from the US and, while there, I asked the service rep if it's plug & play so I could install it myself. He said it requires a special tool that all Mini dealers have.

Can anybody confirm this?

I've attached a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I fitted one last year. I’m just a beginner and I don’t own any special tools; I think I just used a screwdriver. It was fiddly but only took 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tools

Hi, we have an F55 and had it retro fitted by the dealer; they use the standard plastic trim removal tool that is used for prizing out the grommets etc.

I didnt like the way it was fitted as the curve protruded towards my head when in the 'up' position; so simply removed it by prizing out the hinges with a flat head screwdriver and then removed the metal spring clip and turned it around so the curve aligns with the roof lining.

Easy to do yourself just take care, sitting on the driver's seat, at 5'11" everything was in easy reach

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2017 F56 Justa that came without Mini's greatest option - the third sun visor (above the driver's door). I have two plastic cap-type things where the visor or grip handle should be.

I just bought the original Mini part from the US and, while there, I asked the service rep if it's plug & play so I could install it myself. He said it requires a special tool that all Mini dealers have.

Can anybody confirm this?

I've attached a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

TIA
So a screwdriver then? In fairness he wasnt lying.....

·
Super Moderator
6,466 Posts
Brilliant is that from mini? I most definitely want one?
J

·
Registered
129 Posts
My 2014 Cooper came with the drivers side sun visor. I have since replaced the passenger grab handle with a visor, had to point out to the dealer to set his computer to look at LH drive car to get the P/N as they only fit it to the drivers side. Simple job, used 2 small flat blade screwdrivers to un-clip the old fittings.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hi, we have an F55 and had it retro fitted by the dealer; they use the standard plastic trim removal tool that is used for prizing out the grommets etc.

I didnt like the way it was fitted as the curve protruded towards my head when in the 'up' position; so simply removed it by prizing out the hinges with a flat head screwdriver and then removed the metal spring clip and turned it around so the curve aligns with the roof lining.

Easy to do yourself just take care, sitting on the driver's seat, at 5'11" everything was in easy reach

That's interesting, mine is more or less flat, does have a slight curve but not much. Thing is with you swapping yours around, sounds like the curve will make it sit closer to your head when in the down position, that would bug me more :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can anybody be more specific about removing the two round plastic pieces? I removed the cover and am now facing to parallel slots. But I can't see into them to see what is holding them into the roof.
TIA.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Sun visor received but I have no idea how to fit it. The attachment doesn’t look anything like the attachment on the blanking plates I have removed

1 - 20 of 42 Posts