Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 2014 Cooper came with the drivers side sun visor. I have since replaced the passenger grab handle with a visor, had to point out to the dealer to set his computer to look at LH drive car to get the P/N as they only fit it to the drivers side. Simple job, used 2 small flat blade screwdrivers to un-clip the old fittings.
I really want a grab handle to fit on my drivers side. Any idea what the part number is on the one you’ve taken out?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sun visor received but I have no idea how to fit it. The attachment doesn’t look anything like the attachment on the blanking plates I have removed
Have you still got the plastic discs fitted with 2 oblong holes in them? if so, these need to be removed to access the mounts behind the trim. I used 2 small flat blade screwdrivers to disengage the clips, I think you need to push them together and then pull on the disc, Fitting visor is just a case of pushing it in position until the clips engage, the longer part of the visor goes to the rear and when in the closed position the slight curve goes up towards the headlining.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Have you still got the plastic discs fitted with 2 oblong holes in them? if so, these need to be removed to access the mounts behind the trim. I used 2 small flat blade screwdrivers to disengage the clips, I think you need to push them together and then pull on the disc, Fitting visor is just a case of pushing it in position until the clips engage, the longer part of the visor goes to the rear and when in the closed position the slight curve goes up towards the headlining.
Fantastic thanks Pat. I have taken the small blanking plates out of the pieces you mention but i wasn't sure if they also needed to come out. I thought i could see the catch behind them when i shone a torch up in them. I will get on them with some screwdrivers and report back. Cheers

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Pat,

I have given it a go with two flat headed screw drivers and manage to push the clips together but how do you then pull on it as well? I only have two hands? Haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Managed it two screw drivers, two trim removal tools and a bit of bravery was needed but a great end result
I can't get in position to even see the clips in the two long slots. Do you have to push them in towards the middle or out away from each other?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I can't get in position to even see the clips in the two long slots. Do you have to push them in towards the middle or out away from each other?
Thanks.
I can see them there to the left and right of the vertical plastic piece in the picture. I used a torch to help when i lost sight. Push them both in at the same time so they touch the plastic piece in the middle and then with the clips pressed in pull the plastic trim off. It will come easily once they are pressed in. It is fiddly though

·
Registered
153 Posts
I really want a grab handle to fit on my drivers side. Any idea what the part number is on the one you’ve taken out?
I have just had a look on REALOEM & LH & RH seem to be the same, Anthracite P/N 51167336852 & Satellite Grey P/N 51167367784. I cannot check against my old one as it is buried in the shed somewhere. There are a few on EBay at the moment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok, I used a pair of needle nose pliers and got the round plugs out really easily. The back clip of the sun visor clicked right in but now the front clip won't go in no matter how hard I push (without breaking something). This is starting to piss me off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, bit of a thread bump, I'm looking to do the opposite to most of you guys and remove the side sun visor and replace it with two covers/caps rather than a grab handle. Any idea where I can get the covers please (after Anthracite ones). I've looked on eBay and Google without much luck.

I won't be selling the visor I'm removing in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks for any help/replies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks, thought that may be the case.

Now to remove the side sun visor, guess just need to flip off the two covers to get to the screws, they look a touch awkward to get to with the visor hinges in the way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me again sorry, any tips for getting the covering clips out shown on the first post of the thread please. The side sun visor is in a real awkward place to start with and have tried today but didn't want to force it and cause damage, it doesn't seem to be moving at all, do they release head-on or from a side angle does anyone recall.
Thanks,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got round to doing this today (removing the side sun visor) and removed the two circular caps - was easy enough but fiddly, but they don't aid the overall removal really.
Now, the next step, bit stumped, in the photo not sure how the two circled clips come apart I guess/hope to expose the screws. There is a slim join in them but don't want to damage them if it's not how they come apart.

Thanks.

(I've just modified rphox's photo)

Attachments

21 - 40 of 47 Posts