Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have received my vin and entered it to the drivers guide app thus downloading the manual for my car.

Are features I haven't ordered automatically deleted or not? Just because it has a section on cruise control and according to my order sheet I did not order this!

I'm very confused lol!

J

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well there would be no point in entering your vin if it wasn't tailored to your car.
Do you have multi-function-steering-wheel on your order?
Texy

·
Registered
998 Posts
it's supposed to be tailored but mine has a section on coasting which i've recently found out isn't even available to the UK market so there you go

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought this was the case, but it's not got everything just steering wheel and cruise control! So maybe they've added it by mistake?! Lol

What's the BMW vin checker address?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cruise control is standard equipment. Which it should be considering that it probably costs less than $2 to implement. Plus a couple of hundred lines of code in the ECU, but that carries no recurring costs. Electronic actuated throttle - Valvetronic in this case - makes this possible. Speed sensing is already built into the ABS and other systems. The clutch and brake already have position sensing switches for other vehicle control reasons. So there's your whole cruise control system. The only recurring cost of it is whatever those buttons on the wheel cost, which would be minimal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have cruise control as it was an added extra? I don't have the steering wheel buttons added so there would be no way of setting the cruise control?

The vin given may be mine, but let's say if it is it is the complete wrong colour, and much higher spec. I wouldn't complain if it was the wrong one lol :p

He's going to find out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts