Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been experiencing a problem with my Mini when starting it first thing in the morning. Upon pressing the start button the car will start to crank but fails to actually start. A message is displayed in the car saying "drivetrain" and displays either a red or amber warning. If the car is shutdown and then restarted then it usually starts up normally, however this issue has progressively become a more regular problem. Also today when first driving the car, there would be a judder when setting off and the car felt as though it wasn't running as smooth as usual. The car was left parked up for about half an hour and once driving it again it felt just like normal. The car has been to my dealer and they said that they can't find the specific problem and couldn't replicate it themselves. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is best to do now or have any idea what they problem is? Is there any recalls/TSB's that might apply to my Mini that I haven't seen yet? My Mini is the 1.2 one and was built in September 2015. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
We had a drive train error as we drove out of the showroom .it was a very quick diagnosis and fix just a faulty solenoid in the emissions system but you need your dealer to sort this for you via the computer!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies guys. I'm going to take it back to the dealer, as last time they said they couldn't replicate the problem and the error was not specific enough to find the problem. My car requires some more warranty work, so I will see if they can try and work out the problem while its with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cheers for the replies guys. I'm going to take it back to the dealer, as last time they said they couldn't replicate the problem and the error was not specific enough to find the problem. My car requires some more warranty work, so I will see if they can try and work out the problem while its with them.
Hi, do you know what was to problem? and what solution they used to solve.

Thank you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Take a video with your smartphone to show them step by step what you are doing up to, at the point, and after you have the issues (respectively speaking of course). Show them the video and demand that since this is a repeat issue that they address your issues. Do not be afraid to, tactfully of course, put a little pressure on them and name drop MINI Corporate (pretty sure since you have the video, the dealer might be a little more likely to try and solve your issue without corporate getting involved).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take a video with your smartphone to show them step by step what you are doing up to, at the point, and after you have the issues (respectively speaking of course). Show them the video and demand that since this is a repeat issue that they address your issues. Do not be afraid to, tactfully of course, put a little pressure on them and name drop MINI Corporate (pretty sure since you have the video, the dealer might be a little more likely to try and solve your issue without corporate getting involved).
Thanks for quick reply.

Just want to know if its a software update as all says or there are more things to do around.

Regards,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for quick reply.

Just want to know if its a software update as all says or there are more things to do around.

Regards,
There was never actually a resolution to my issue, because they couldn't diagnose what was causing it. However the issue has not happened for over 5 months now, so hopefully what ever was causing it has sorted itself out. Unfortunately the drivetrain error is a very brief warning and could be caused by so many different things, this therefore makes it very hard to diagnose the cause as no specific code is stored by the car when it happens.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much, hope this goes alone as you say, I also go to dealer but they don't get any issue when they use the key to check car status.
Yep whenever I took mine to the dealer they could never find any code stored about the issue. I even let them have the car for a couple of days to try and get the problem to happen in front of them, but they could never get the car to do it. I think your best plan of action, like what was said above, is to try and get a video of it happening so you can show your dealer. Another thing that was suggested to me was that when the issue happens to call the mini breakdown recovery, as they would have to do a full diagnostics on the car and might have more of a chance of finding the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently I've been experiencing a problem with my Mini when starting it first thing in the morning. Upon pressing the start button the car will start to crank but fails to actually start. A message is displayed in the car saying "drivetrain" and displays either a red or amber warning. If the car is shutdown and then restarted then it usually starts up normally, however this issue has progressively become a more regular problem. Also today when first driving the car, there would be a judder when setting off and the car felt as though it wasn't running as smooth as usual. The car was left parked up for about half an hour and once driving it again it felt just like normal. The car has been to my dealer and they said that they can't find the specific problem and couldn't replicate it themselves. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is best to do now or have any idea what they problem is? Is there any recalls/TSB's that might apply to my Mini that I haven't seen yet? My Mini is the 1.2 one and was built in September 2015. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi did you manage to get your Mini Cooper right? I’m facing the same problem with my 2014 Mini Cooper s (drivetrain) the car has a bad sound and has no power

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.