Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The F55/56 Driving lights as installed on the factory brackets protrude in front of the bumper (or any other part of the front of the vehicle) . Just curious if anyone had issues with them getting hit from cars that are parking. I could see someone using their side mirrors and referencing the bumper when parking only to smash into the driving lights. Almost needs a rubber piece that looks like its moulded to the bumper attached to the bottom of the brackets in front of the bumper that extends slightly forward of the lights to prevent the lights getting hit first.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Yep, just what you need. Something else scabbed onto an already ...... Hmmm, let's just say less than beautiful front end.
If they are that close they're probably going to hit something anyway. When a guy backed into me he got the hood, bumpers, and both grills. A little rubber piece would have only been something else to replace.

·
Registered
763 Posts
They don't stick out all that much, if someone backs into you they're going to damage way more than the driving lights.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
They don't stick out all that much, if someone backs into you they're going to damage way more than the driving lights.

I totally agree! I have them and the only thing about them that I don't like is those hideous white covers with the black X/MINI logo! I repainted mine to match my car color & it's sweet! Wearing the protectors also will protect the lights better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably right. Just thought I'd get some experiences/opinions I use the driving lights regularly especially in the winter with the short days so never cover them. I'm in the country and kangaroos have been a menace the last two years. (They're probably running around with cataracts from the lights). The townies (people from the city) get their knickers in a knot when we cull them even with a permit and the population has exploded.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
39 Posts

I totally agree! I have them and the only thing about them that I don't like is those hideous white covers with the black X/MINI logo! I repainted mine to match my car color & it's sweet! Wearing the protectors also will protect the lights better.
Can you post a picture with the cover ? I am considering painting them as well

·
Registered
2,082 Posts

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts