Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has recently received their new F56 with the accessory driving lights installed on the front grill?

I'm curious how you like them, and other questions:

1. Did it take longer for the install before your car arrived? (I understand they are usually installed at the port of entry).

2. Any issues with the install?

3. How much do they help when driving at night with the high beams on?

4. Overall, are you glad you ordered them, and anything else you may want to add?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
844 Posts
In the UK they are a dealer fit item. I have yet to see them on an f56 but they look great on all MINIs.

I would imagine they help at night on roads with no cars coming towards you as they double the power of the lights. Fitting better bulbs (like Osram night breaker unlimited) will also help.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think they look a bit small compared to the rally lights Minis of old used to have, but if that is all you can get these days I suppose that's it.

They are probably just as effective as light sources though.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they look a bit small compared to the rally lights Minis of old used to have, but if that is all you can get these days I suppose that's it.

They are probably just as effective as light sources though.
According to my build they are also LED

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? That is good for those with LED headlights.
Yes, I was surprised too, but after placing the order my build confirmation clearly states "ZF3 LED Black Driving Lights MINI". I got the black backed lights, not the chrome backed ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I was surprised too, but after placing the order my build confirmation clearly states "ZF3 LED Black Driving Lights MINI". I got the black backed lights, not the chrome backed ones.
have you had any experience with cornering into dark rural rodes with the driving lights on? Do they help illuminate the corner better?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the black LED driving lamps on my F56 JCW. I had the normal chrome lights on my F56 SD. On the dark, narrow country lanes where I live the lights are superb.

If you have LED headlights then you need the LED spots to match. Same if you have normal lights you need the normal spots. The white light of the LED spots wouldn't look right with the yellowish normal headlights.

They are expensive but look good and work well if you have a need for them.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have you had any experience with cornering into dark rural rodes with the driving lights on? Do they help illuminate the corner better?
Actually, I've only had the car out after dark on a couple occasions, as my JCW isn't my primary driver...so I haven't used the LED driving lights on while driving. But, sitting in my driveway, when turned on with my brights the entire garage door lights up "really bright"!!! So, my bet is they are superb on a dark twisty. I just don't know if they will work quite like standard fogs with low beams though (my preference...but that isn't gonna happen on a JCW!)

You do know the driving/rally lights only work with the high beams right? They shut off when the low beams are on.

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the standard MCS H4 Halogen headlights with the rally lights fitted also halogen bulbs.
The oem bulbs were poor in light output so swaped both sets and upgraded them with better results.

Here in the UK they are a dealer fit option the halogen are around £500.00 fitted & the led version is £750.00 !!!!

Yes you are correct when the Hi beam is switched on the main car headlights turn the dip beam off

·
Registered
43 Posts
The LED spot lights cost with vat £512.82 then its 3 hours labour which my mini dealer quoted £100.00 per hour !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts