Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Super bright. Can I politely ask are too bright and perhaps annoying to other drivers? I like the white colour but I am not a fan of lights that are "too" bright.
To be fair I was a bit like 'WOW' they're bright, I couldn't look directly at them in the daylight... So you're probably right in them being too bright however I'll wait until darkness comes and compare the brightness between the halogen and these new LED ones and give you my opinion with some photos of course!

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Are they brighter than the foglights? Easy enough to compare them. When your dipped beam headlights go on the DRLS go off and the 5W sidelights go on.
Not sure if you can have your DRL on with your foglights at the same time cause I know I can't. They are bright and I would probably go as far as saying they're the same brightness as the fogs. However I wouldn't class this as too bright as I've seen a few Coupés and Roadsters using the fogs as their DRL.

Added a few more pics at distance, forgot to photograph in the dark last night so will do tonight.

· Registered
844 Posts
In the UK it is "illegal" to use fog lights unless the visibility is reduced - a distance is quoted in the hw code.
An officer may decide to pull you over but I doubt it as many cars now have VERY bright DRLs as standard.
They do look really good in the pics.

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
In the UK it is "illegal" to use fog lights unless the visibility is reduced - a distance is quoted in the hw code.
An officer may decide to pull you over but I doubt it as many cars now have VERY bright DRLs as standard.
They do look really good in the pics.
Yeah my dad said that, you definitely can't look at them for long when they're on they are really bright. But they give the desired look so that's all that matters! :p

· Registered
16 Posts
Hey Brandon,

Just purchased a pair of these LED's myself and was interested to know how you're getting on with them?

Have you had any issues at all? I've bought the same ones as you but from a different seller, so I'm hoping they'll look the same as your pictures.

Cheers!
Harvey

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Wow sorry guys, I didn't see these mentions! I really liked them - I no longer have the car as MINI agreed to a buy-back because of a list of issues. I have the OEM LEDs now, however in my opinion they were perfect, they gave me the desired effect. :) Would highly recommend.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.