Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Today I upgraded the "candle light" halogen DRLs to a pair of LEDs and I am very pleased with the outcome.

They give of a pure white colour (like DRLs should) and also do not cause any issue for oncoming drivers, as they are no brighter than the standard bulbs.

The fitting is PSX24W and I bought the LEDs off eBay for £17.99 from a UK seller.

Item number: 161631721159

Please see the attached image showing the before and after.

Cheers,
Harvey

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hello all,

Today I upgraded the "candle light" halogen DRLs to a pair of LEDs and I am very pleased with the outcome.

They give of a pure white colour (like DRLs should) and also do not cause any issue for oncoming drivers, as they are no brighter than the standard bulbs.

The fitting is PSX24W and I bought the LEDs off eBay for £17.99 from a UK seller.

Item number: 161631721159

Please see the attached image showing the before and after.

Cheers,
Harvey
Are they the ones I had on my F56 Cooper D? Like them? http://www.minif56.com/forum/289-mini-f56-general-discussion/26770-drl.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep they are essentially the same ones, I even had to trim the little plastic bits so thanks for the tip!

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
646 Posts
How on earth Mini don't provide white bulbs like this as standard I will never know!

Fortunately I went for LED fogs.

I find it weird that as well as the LED DRL ring around the headlights, the fogs also stay on for DRL purposes.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
How on earth Mini don't provide white bulbs like this as standard I will never know!

Fortunately I went for LED fogs.

I find it weird that as well as the LED DRL ring around the headlights, the fogs also stay on for DRL purposes.
The Halo is the only DRL activated on my car, you're saying your Halo and Fog lights are on when in Auto?

That is not meant to happen if that is the case.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is weird indeed.. It sounds like you might be talking about your side lights?

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is exactly what I have been looking for!

I can't seem to find the same version you note in your email Harvmanz?

Is there a special way of fitting them?

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Paulie,

Go on to eBay and then enter the below item number in the search box:

You will then see the ones that I have purchased.

They are perfect and I've had no issues at all after weeks of use. Easy to fit as well :)

Cheers,
Harvey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts