Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I recently ordered, from www.Waymotorworks.com, their dry panel air filter. I purchased this because it is a lifetime filter and will only require my cleaning of it periodically to maintain it.

Will this dry panel filter increase the sound at all since it is a high-flow filter (like a CAI)? Or will the fact that it is sealed up in the intake box keep it sounding like stock?

Does anyone else have one of these installed on their car, or other cars they own? How do they perform? I figure for $70 I really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You should probably notice a slight increase in sound (I did when I put in a drop in K&N filter), but nothing like an actual conical high flow intake.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Will this dry panel filter increase the sound at all since it is a high-flow filter (like a CAI)? Or will the fact that it is sealed up in the intake box keep it sounding like stock?
Short answer? No. There's a reason the assembly is called the "Intake Muffler".

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have this same filter. You'll get a slight sound increase which gets a more pronounced in sport mode when you stomp the accelerator. It's nothing like CAI but you will notice it, especially with the passenger window down (US passenger side).

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input.

The extra sound is a bonus. I'm just glad I get to drop in a better air filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts