Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the DSC in my 2016 Mini hardtop is so sensitive that when I accelerate from a stop light and turn into an intersection, the tires seem to pause or skip. When I disable this feature and am in traction control, the symptom disappears. Of course it is only when I am aggressive with the throttle that this happens. Does traction control distribute power to both front wheels, and DSC does not?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I think the DSC in my 2016 Mini hardtop is so sensitive that when I accelerate from a stop light and turn into an intersection, the tires seem to pause or skip. When I disable this feature and am in traction control, the symptom disappears. Of course it is only when I am aggressive with the throttle that this happens. Does traction control distribute power to both front wheels, and DSC does not?
Close, DSC will cut power to the wheels if they detect slippage (which isn't too hard to do if you're gassing it from stop into a turn), DTC or Traction mode has a much higher threshold. If you were to roll your windows down you may hear your tires screeching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts