Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else wondered why you can't turn off dual zone when there's only one person in the car? I mean, it can tell noone is in the seat and turn off the airbag so why can't it detect the seat is empty and change both controls at the same time. I've owned cheaper cars where "dual" could be turned off. This seems so ignorant to me. For everything I love about my MINI, this drives me nuts!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It's not an issue to me. But, I'd like to be able to turn the fan off upon start-up. I'm always turning it off. I'd prefer to turn it on when I want it on.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It's not an issue to me. But, I'd like to be able to turn the fan off upon start-up. I'm always turning it off. I'd prefer to turn it on when I want it on.
Your fan starts when you start the car? Curious, what have you got it set at? My temp is usually set at 70° and fan speed is at 10 o'clock or so, my fan doesn't start blowing air until the engine starts warming up. I'll have to check but I think it's in auto mode.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
The central knob controls fan speed but on auto if there is not heat in the engine it wont come on till there is if you want to warm the car; in auto and if you want the fan off turn the knob till the lights are right down to the left around 7 on a clock face-lowest setting. Simples! There may even be off-not sure never looked but it stays where you put it.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The central knob controls fan speed but on auto if there is not heat in the engine it wont come on till there is if you want to warm the car; in auto and if you want the fan off turn the knob till the lights are right down to the left around 7 on a clock face-lowest setting. Simples! There may even be off-not sure never looked but it stays where you put it.
Doesn't matter...if I turn the knob left & turn off the fan it stays off as long as the car is running. But upon start-up the fan starts again...it has to be set in the memory....maybe I can change the setting?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am married but when we're together dual zone is fine. It's when I'm alone it just seems like a miss by MINI not to offer any way to go single zone.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I am married but when we're together dual zone is fine. It's when I'm alone it just seems like a miss by MINI not to offer any way to go single zone.
Just pulling your leg! Seems either one passenger is hot while other is cold, etc.

Good attempt by MINI to add flexibility but I agree it should be programmable to suit the owner....maybe it is?...but I haven't seen anyone crack this one.

·
Registered
375 Posts
ooer mine stays the same as when i left it last. odd
Same here but the funny thing is that it always blows at the same speed although it's on 'automatic'. My BMW changes all the time on automatic, increasing the speed on start up to cool or heat the inside temperature as quickly as possible and reducing the fan speed when the desired temperature is reached. The MINI always uses the same fan speed. Is that normal??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just pulling your leg! Seems either one passenger is hot while other is cold, etc.

Good attempt by MINI to add flexibility but I agree it should be programmable to suit the owner....maybe it is?...but I haven't seen anyone crack this one.
I asked about it on my "second date" and was told it's always dual zone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the dual controls. The max fan speed is easy to set - and change. Totally happy with the F56 vs the R56

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Same here but the funny thing is that it always blows at the same speed although it's on 'automatic'. My BMW changes all the time on automatic, increasing the speed on start up to cool or heat the inside temperature as quickly as possible and reducing the fan speed when the desired temperature is reached. The MINI always uses the same fan speed. Is that normal??
No mine blows really hard if the car is cold and I want to warm it up or conversely cool it down .once the desired temp is reached the fan slows down as your bmws did. Must be on auto though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Am I missing something? If you want a single zone, why not set a same temperature in both zones??? That is how my controller is set.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Why should I have to change two controls to get one temperature in the car?
If it's just you in the car why does it have to be one temperature? I only ever sit in one place when I'm driving.

I was going to suggest the elastic band fix but remembered the fan knob is larger and gets in the way, bad mini:D

Enjoy your mini, and remember to use the search functions on here, this has already been covered several times;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.