Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to begin with saying that I am new to this forum and I have no clue if there has been made a post about this subject in the past.

I have a 11/2014 F56 Mini Cooper S and it is still stock after all those years. It has been a really reliable car so far and I want to keep it that way. Do any of you have any experience with stage 2 chiptuning to 260BHP+ if so, have you received any problem since having it tuned?

I am also looking at an Milltek De-Cat Downpipe to get some extra sound from the car, do any of you have that installed as well, if so, what do you think about the noice it is making?

- Ruben

(English is not my native language, so it could well be that there are some grammer mistakes made)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Increased power comes with accompanying heat, so to maintain longevity you need to bring temperatures down. An uprated intercooler is a wise choice, as is decreasing exhaust restrictions.
Combining these mods with a mechanically sympathetic tune by a good dyno-equipped tuner and high-end oil, changed often, will go a long way to retaining good longevity from your engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day all...
I too am new to this. Just to be simple for my daily driver (2016 f56), what mods are needed to maintain 240whp?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts