Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My region 2 DVD changer only plays audio with no picture (even when stationary). The DVD is the correct region and not damaged. It keeps on saying "this function is not available"...any ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can we all assume that you have the Media Pack XL? When you say stationary is the emergency/parking brake on? Without either one you will not be able to have video playing on screen.

p.s. I don't have the DVD player installed. I found the info online in another forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, I have the "connect XL pack" with satnav, 6 dvd changer and large display screen. Is that the same as the media XL pack?

The parking brake is on.

The name of the DVD is displayed and intro music is playing, but I can't see the DVD menu or see the videos...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi there, I have the "connect XL pack" with satnav, 6 dvd changer and large display screen. Is that the same as the media XL pack?
The name of the DVD is displayed and intro music is playing, but I can't see the DVD menu or see the videos...
Yes that is the same thing. I'm not sure why it's not working as I don't have the DVD player. Unless someone else has a bright idea I would call or visit the dealership and ask them ;-)

p.s. You've obviously tried more than one dvd disc right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there, yes I have tried multiple discs!

My dealer now claims that the DVDs are only used to increase storage capacity and that the F56 can not play DVD videos at all. Even with the connected / media XL package.

Is that so everywhere?

·
Registered
441 Posts
have you tried waiting 10-15 seconds to switch to movie mode?

It starts with sound when playing USB AVI files, then 10-15 seconds later the image appears.

·
Registered
258 Posts

My dealer now claims that the DVDs are only used to increase storage capacity and that the F56 can not play DVD videos at all. Even with the connected / media XL package.

Is that so everywhere?
I'm afraid I can't comment on whether it should play video dvd discs (you would naturally assume that it would) but the notion that it's used for increasing storage capacity is nonsense surely - if that was the case BMW would have offered a bigger hard drive / SSD to add to the 20GB storage - DVDs simply don't hold enough data!

Reactions: mikeswagon

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Is that so everywhere?
That's a little bit of BS...storage capacity? The XL unit actually has a 200GB HD (20GB free for music)... I love when dealers that don't know the answers just make something up lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It really baffles me....maybe someone with the 6 disc DVD changer as well can comment on whether he/she can play dvds / videos and what the trick is to get videos on screen (apart from right region DVD, parking brake on etc)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately no videos appear...even after a few minutes. The intro music of the DVD plays in the background and the name of the DVD is on screen but no video!?!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I hit up a buddy at MINI and while he couldn't say why exactly, the changer itself can accept DVDs, but it's not wired in for video. Audio will play, the changer recognizes DVD discs, but there is just no connection for video to the screen. Go figure....

So it sounds like the short answer to everyone's question is Changer != DVD video.

·
Registered
37 Posts
On the Mini website it states a "6 Disc CD Changer" for £300.
There is no mention of a 6 Disc DVD changer.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Unfortunately no videos appear...even after a few minutes. The intro music of the DVD plays in the background and the name of the DVD is on screen but no video!?!
I had the same as you,just converted my vids to mp4 and the h264 and they play fine now. BUt my movies are on a usb stick..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.