Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new F56 mini about 3 weeks ago, and I traded in an R56 mini. I sent of the slip off the V5 to change ownership and sent off the tax disc to get a refund but haven't received either a refund or a letter to say I am no longer owner of the vehicle. I was just wondering how long it was taking for everyone else

·
Registered
734 Posts
The form says the notification for the old car can take up to four weeks.
I didn't reclaim any tax, but the new tax disc and registration document for the new mini were pretty quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've waited 7 weeks so far. The DVLA are now claiming they have no trace of my sold to dealer slip. You have to leave it 4 weeks before you can chase them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine took 3 weeks as well...didn't occur to me to try for a refund, but as I only had an couple of months to go, anyway, it would probably be more trouble than it's worth for £20. And it's free for the first year, on the MC anyway...

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
From bitter experience with gov depts I always send this sort of thing registered post so you've the proof it got there! Just don't trust them!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I received both the no longer an owner slip and my tax refund cheque this week. Got the car 4 weeks ago today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts