Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I can’t comment on my new Cooper S yet but my Cooper was all over the place with fuel consumption and I had to learn how to get the best mpg out of it. If I pushed it hard it would easily drop below 40mpg but if I drove very gently it was possible to get over 60mpg on a long run*. The 1.5 engine seems very sensitive to driving style.

*this was checked by filling the tank and not relying on the onboard computer which, as it turns out, is fairly accurate.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Green mode / easy on the gas / roll when approaching roundabouts and junctions
I would generally agree with Gary although my limited use of Green Mode hasn’t made a significant difference, in my case less than 1%.

Accelerate gently, anticipate traffic and minimize braking where possible is my recipe. On my last 350 mile round trip there was more brake dust on the rear wheels than the front. My understanding is the rear brakes are activated as part of the ESP system so have obviously been doing some work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.