Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time for the next EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway! One set of pads (front or rear) will be gifted to one randomly selected forum member from our entire range, just by participating in the below thread!

In past giveaways we have discussed our first ride, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

With respect to electric vehicles, the sound and mechanics of an internal combustion engine is a masterpiece, and as pressures increase from governments for the end of the ICE, this month we would like to pose the question; Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE car for the future, what car do you want to hold onto forever, and why?
Would you choose something economic like a Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost twin turbo, or go for power with the 5.2L V10 Lamborghini Huracan or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, or the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2022 and details will be posted on this forum shortly after.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
1,061 Posts
I am fortunate to already own my car for life. Owned since 2006 and have had so many great adventures with it. I will cry a lot if I ever have to sell.

It's not exactly fast but I love it, also fairly future proof with regard to fuel costs. It does 40mpg so even when petrol is really expensive it will be no where near the cost of running a thirsty V8.

My classic mini is a 1993 Italian job with the 1275 engine. Externally it's completely OEM but underneath it has revised suspension as well as huge (well as big as you can get under 12 inch wheels) 4 pot brakes with ebc green stuff pads. Engine is also slightly tweaked to give 60bhp.

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Cloud Plant Sky Vehicle Tire

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle Car

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Rim Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle

It's not always been so shiny though

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper Oxford edition. Starlight blue with black top, black mirror caps and black wheels.
106 Posts
i have two answers based on two scenarios.
If it must be a car you already own I would pick my pickup. A 2003 Ford Ranger 4x4 regular cab short bed with a stick shift. I’ve had it since I was 15 and we’ve been through quite a bit together(A fence and a ditch or two). It is simple and robust enough that I think I could keep it running the rest of my life.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

If it could be a vehicle that I don’t own yet, I would probably pick an air cooled Porsche 993 Targa with a manual. Air cooled motors have so much character and I think deserve to live on in the all electric future.
Plus, who wouldn’t want an old 993 to be parked in their drive?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Luckily I already own the car I will keep forever, a 1960 Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite my father bought new. He kept and drove it his entire life and I’ll do the same.

Cloud Sky Plant Tree Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Tire Plant Hood

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is a surprisingly hard question, as there are a few cars I intend to keep and not sell.

However, I think I might have to chose one I technically don’t own yet. And that’s an original VW beetle convertible in red. My dad had one Up until when I went to primary school and I am looking for one like it. Once I got it I’m not selling it. Especially as it’s really easy to keep running, just in case the infrastructure of maintaining ICE cars will disappear slowly as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our 2017 F56 with JCW exhaust and Stage 1 MAP upgrade. Right side rear window sports ovals for almost all US states west of Texas, and we have since added white bonnet stripes. No pictures of those. Anyway, we love this car, and its use is pretty much limited to road trips...both coasts (twice) and Canada. We have a 2019 Clubbie (base) that catches the daily abuse.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Plant
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Luckily I already own the car I will keep forever, a 1960 Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite my father bought new. He kept and drove it his entire life and I’ll do the same.

View attachment 81463
View attachment 81466
View attachment 81464
View attachment 81465
Congratulations @Desert Rat , You are the winner! Please PM your full vehicle details (make, model, year & engine size) in the 'conversations', as well as your choice of pads and any part number (Can be found in the link in our signature) along with your full name and shipping address.

Thank you for participating, if you missed out don't worry, next month there will be another giveaway! Remember FORUM10USER code gets you 10% discount from the link in our bio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts