Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the same problem? When I adjust my seating position correctly, my elbows touch the sides of the sport seats when my hands are at the bottom half of the steering wheel (like when I'm making a turn).

Does this have a solution? I have to open my harms to slide the elbows outside the seats.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
In a word no...

Have you tried adjusting the steering wheel either slightly up or in or even both?

I assume the photo is just for illustration?
Either that or raise your seat up! You have to make adjustments to fit your body...sometimes that takes some effort, but with the miriad of positions available you'll find the sweet spot I have no doubt.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Either that or raise your seat up! You have to make adjustments to fit your body...sometimes that takes some effort, but with the miriad of positions available you'll find the sweet spot I have no doubt.
I did think about raising the seat but that would make the elbows closer, assuming the seat is ok for length then raising the wheel seemed best so the arms were raised a bit but you are right it does take time to get the position right then someone moves the seat for you......

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the steering wheel is raised, you have to extend your upper arm more, so you shift from your comfortable position. A couple of pics I just took of me. See what I mean?
At this position, I'm at the comfort limit. Usually I drive with the steering wheel a bit closer :(

The JCW seat are way better since the side bulks are placed higher, closer to your shoulder making room for the elbows.

·
Registered
303 Posts
By the looks of it the issue lies with you having the seat back reclined too far. In this position you're arms will naturally flop down causing your elbows to hit the bolster, try sitting more upright and having the wheel further away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.