Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question guys.

I read in the manual, and on the online configurator, that the passenger side mirror will tilt down to show the kerb when you put the car into reverse.

Is this a standard feature or does it only come with the electronically folded mirrors package? I am so worried about damaging my alloys that I really want this feature and am prepared to phone up the dealer to have it added if I must.

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

I read in the manual, and on the online configurator, that the passenger side mirror will tilt down to show the kerb when you put the car into reverse.

Is this a standard feature or does it only come with the electronically folded mirrors package? I am so worried about damaging my alloys that I really want this feature and am prepared to phone up the dealer to have it added if I must.

It's called Automatic Curb Monitor and powerfold mirrors are required - when you shift to reverse gear, the passenger mirror tilts down automatically. This can be overridden by the power window switch near the window controls in the door.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's called Automatic Curb Monitor and powerfold mirrors are required - when you shift to reverse gear, the passenger mirror tilts down automatically. This can be overridden by the power window switch near the window controls in the door.
Ahh man, time to phone up the dealer and spend another £150...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got electric mirrors on my f56 cooper D. Really need them for squeezing around the car in the garage. I can confirm they do tilt to display the curb in reverse. Very useful if parallel parking; annoying otherwise, but easy to turn off. Also, just discovered that holding the lock button on the key folds the mirrors. These are the best option I specified, and well worth the money.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I missed out on my window to add them on, I phoned them up earlier today and my car had been prepped for production, so no further changes can be made. Oh well, when they call me in 2 years time to offer me another new car, I'll make sure that one has it.

Thanks anyway guys!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I missed out on my window to add them on, I phoned them up earlier today and my car had been prepped for production, so no further changes can be made. Oh well, when they call me in 2 years time to offer me another new car, I'll make sure that one has it.

Thanks anyway guys!
Drats!

Guess you can always level up your parallel parking skills! :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drats!

Guess you can always level up your parallel parking skills! :D
6 years driving and still no better, I think I'm worse now. I think I worry too much about scraping the kerb that I forget how to actually avoid scraping the kerb/hitting another car. :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
6 years driving and still no better, I think I'm worse now. I think I worry too much about scraping the kerb that I forget how to actually avoid scraping the kerb/hitting another car. :)
I guess you could always get these ;) :

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess you could always get these ;) :
Haha, I don't think they're legal in the UK, and I'm surprised they work, do they emit a sound or something?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Haha, I don't think they're legal in the UK, and I'm surprised they work, do they emit a sound or something?
They do! A lovely metal scraping against concrete sound to let you know you're close enough. :laugh:

.....they were big in the 70s...;)

Reactions: radiocaf

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They do! A lovely metal scraping against concrete sound to let you know you're close enough. :laugh:

.....they were big in the 70s...;)
Ha! I remember seeing older TV shows from America and all the cars had them. Heck, I think I've even played a video game that featured them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Electric Folding Mirrors

I got a new mini 18 reg replacing my older mini the new one doesn't have electric folding mirrors. I just need the tilting left side mirror for parking really, I am not that bothered if they fold with the key fob. Do you know if they can be fitted retrospectively? I have black alloys, if they get damaged they will look pretty awful. I would rather pay for the fitting of the folding mirrors rather than having to repair the alloys. The dealer should have mentioned that to me as it was a feature on the old car and I asked for the same spec. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Guys, this magic feature automatically tilts the mirror down when you put the car into reverse? You can always manually adjust the passenger mirror so you're getting the same effect ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts

I have seen so many F56 Mini's including the 'Mini One' with folding mirrors and yet my late17 Cooper S does not have them? I am afraid the task of replacing them is nearly impossible. Is there the extra wires in the loom to connect them inside the doors and behind the mirror switch, doubt it? And then you need to do the OBD coding! Messing about with the F56 wiring is NOT recommended! Just one tiny mistake, could make the whole system faulty, and may render the car undriveable!

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
It has been done i think but not easy. As Mike says just angle the mirror down y ourself. Quick and easy .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts