Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have now diagnosed my warning message of ignition/starter fault.
It was neither, but the electronic power steering had failed and requires replacement.
I find it worrying that the error message didn't indicate anything to do with the steering.
New power steering assembly on order for tomorrow hopefully.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
I suppose it wouldn't ignite due to th e steering failure and the computer just read the first fault it came too. They can't think yet but...... mm makes you wonder what one of these google cars will do w hen it has to decide whether to hit an oncoming car or the wall at the e roadside or worse the pedestrian or the bike?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I suppose it wouldn't ignite due to th e steering failure and the computer just read the first fault it came too. They can't think yet but...... mm makes you wonder what one of these google cars will do w hen it has to decide whether to hit an oncoming car or the wall at the e roadside or worse the pedestrian or the bike?
Shush, Jeremy. SkyNet is listening.

And don't even think about kicking robot dogs...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CAR IS DEAD.
Useless Mini dealership rang this morning to say that the parts are not available and are on back order to Germany with a projected delivery date of 26th February!!!! Amazing when the factory is 50 miles from my home.......
A premium quality product backed up by outstanding after sales service - I think not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Latest update - after a lot of tooing and froing all day including a call to MINI Uncustomer services with the usual promise of a callback never received I was forced to go to Endeavour Car Rental and sort out a smaller car and get it insured for my wife.

I don't believe the dealer's projected repair date as the rental car is booked right through until the 5th March - Deep joy.
Talk about make a disaster out of a crisis.
13,000 miles = DEAD MINI

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - car returned in working order last night - sadly it now needs to go back into the body shop to replace the front nearside black wheelarch trim which appears to have been pulled away and split whilst out of my custody ( I suspect it is something to do with pulling a strap away from the wheel on the spectacle lift and catching the trim).. Dealer blames BMW Assistance and I was told to expect a call from them today to organise a repair.
Guess What?
You're right -yet again no one bothered to call..

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
You need a better dealer.sytner Nottingham 100% guaranteed to ring when thEy say they will.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update - after sending a curt email to MINI customer assistance I had a call this morning - usual 'its down to BMW assistance to sort things as they broke it etc. 'The guy who should have rung me yesterday is off today -no surprise there then. I was told that BMW Assistance were investigating how my car got damaged - I said I didn't care, I just wanted the repairs expedited.
I was told that Customer service will chase BMW assistance to get them to contact me tomorrow even though it isn't their responsibility as it wasn't a manufacturing fault.......I pointed out that they contracted the recovery service to deal with their broken cars.
I await in awe of the Great God BMW ........

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
That's not good enough. Time to start getting stroppy og?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update - useless letter from MINI Assistance which was allegedly posted on Friday despite having a 2nd March postmark asking for full details of damage, recovery receipt (never given to me or dealer) and photos and estimate of repair cost and saying until investigation complete they did not accept any responsibility. One Mr Angry phone call later pointing out that the dealer supplied the required information the morning after the car was repaired and that perhaps they should be sorting it things have ground to a halt. I JUST WANT MY CAR REPAIRED!!! (Ps the repair cost is only around £150 so MINI would clearly rather lose a regular car buyer than put right what they have broken (I have bought 2 MINIS since January 2013)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE- Service Manager of my Dealer called me today saying how my problems had been brought to his attention. He is very unhappy with the way MINI-Allianz have failed to answer my calls and has in structed that my car be repaired ASAP. It will be fixed while I wait for it Friday afternoon.He told me not to call Allianz as I should never have been troubled by all the infighting .
Following his call a female from Allianz rang me - they sure know how to upset people. She said their investigation had concluded that recovery HAD NOT damaged my car. She alleged that the dealer signed for my car in perfect condition with no damage to the front nearside wheel arch (Why would that be on a document pinnochio?).
She stated the car must have been damaged by the dealership. She was one of these know all types who could not accept that Allianz had done anything wrong -no apology for failing to answer my calls or emails or dragging my car half way round England on a spectacle lift to get it 2 miles up the road).
I rang my Dealer back and he said he would not speak to Allianz but would be escalating the matter to Mini HO as I was the 2nd dissatisfied customer in the last 4 weeks.
Hopefully matter now solved but whether I buy another MINI is very debatable in view of such poor aftercare by MINI assistance.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Dreadful wouldn't use them as insurers then but the dealer sounds decent.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Had Enough - Car sold

So fed up with poor service from MINI that today bought a 63 plate Mercedes C220D auto AMG sport saloon. took a lot of effort by the Mercedes dealer to find someone to buy it at a decent price. Bearing in mind mini listed at £22,000 6 moths ago bids of £12,000 seemed bad even though the car has 14,500 miles on it.
Eventually a garage within Syntner Group up north bid £13,500 for it and by really pushing the price of the Mercedes got pushed down enough to do a deal, but it took nearly 2 hours of negotiating to get there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.