Mini Cooper Forum banner

Eliminate ASD for 2017 F56

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Robby Vrs 
#1 ·
So, I have a F56 2017 Cooper S (for the record I also have an R53) with base sound. I upgraded the speakers and added a DSP to clean up the sound and also added an amplifier. Now, the silly ASD is way too loud unless I drive in Green mode. No real Mini owner drives in green mode, so I need to find a solution. I've read a lot of different things about how the ASD is generated through a speaker in the rear of the car. Not true, it comes from the front speakers. Like I said, the only relief is to drive in green mode. I get headaches as the fake engine noise is basically road noise to my ears. Its actually quite uncomfortable for me to hear.

I read that removing a fuse can turn off ASD, but doesn't that also disable the amp (Yes, there is a stock amp between the head unit and the speakers) that I'm getting my speaker signals from? The dealer said they don' know how to turn ASD off in software, so I'm looking to the Mini community to help me out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.