Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working to enable rear fog lights on a 2021 F56 Cooper. This has been covered in the past elsewhere in the forum. I have replaced the panel light switch with the version having a rear fog light button (step 1). The next step is to add the rear fog light option (5AA) to the VO. Up to now I have only used Bimmercode to alter coding. It would appear that that app does not have the ability to change the VO. Is that right? If so, do I have to jump to E-SYS to do this? Or is there a different preferred coding app?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those interested in this subject, I got the solution from the miniF56 forum: it can be done through Bimmercode without needing access to the VO. Here is the list of coding changes needed:

Body Controller>Expert Mode>
LCEmaster changes
> NSL_Verbaut to Verbaut
LCELampMapping3 changes
> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_ouput to nsl_l
> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_Function to nebelschlusslicht
> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output to nsl_r
> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_Function to nebelschlusslicht
All done now, and I have working rear fog lights. Marvelous.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For those interested in this subject, I got the solution from the miniF56 forum: it can be done through Bimmercode without needing access to the VO. Here is the list of coding changes needed:

Body Controller>Expert Mode>
LCEmaster changes

LCELampMapping3 changes

All done now, and I have working rear fog lights. Marvelous.
we are talking when we update fro the rear bumper that's comes with only one rear fog light on the button?

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper HardTop S
7 Posts
I am working to enable rear fog lights on a 2021 F56 Cooper. This has been covered in the past elsewhere in the forum. I have replaced the panel light switch with the version having a rear fog light button (step 1). The next step is to add the rear fog light option (5AA) to the VO. Up to now I have only used Bimmercode to alter coding. It would appear that that app does not have the ability to change the VO. Is that right? If so, do I have to jump to E-SYS to do this? Or is there a different preferred coding app?
MAy I ask where you got the switch from ? Most places show discontinued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts