Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here tried coding their Oxford edition mini cooper 2dr hardtop to have sport mode via bimmercode? As most of you are aware, 2021 Oxford does not come with changing driving modes (atleast in US afaik). I'm just starting to learn about bimmercode and am already thinking about buying one of these things just to set auto start/stop to off by default. Just wondering if anybody here tried toggling driving modes via bimmercode as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you can do this (i did that on my 2020 cooper) but keep in mind that (1) you can't switch normal<->sport without the physical switch and (2) on sport mode the DCT gearbox does not use the 7th gear.

for me, pushing the gear selector to sport mode is enough. The steering system is already stiff in normal mode (perhaps too stiff in sports mode)

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper Oxford edition. Starlight blue with black top, black mirror caps and black wheels.
37 Posts
I’ve tried doing it twice and both times the car doesn’t drive any different, I must have done it wrong. Is sport mode any different from slapping the shifter over to “S” I know that seems to lock out seventh gear entirely.

·
Registered
37 Posts
sport mode (in driving modes) is applying these changes in car programming (as far as i know - i found)

1. is switching the DCT to sport mode (faster gear changes, plus keeping higher RPM's). This is standard in all automatic vehicles.
2. stiffens up the steering wheel
3. switches rind light to red color + enabling the HP/TORQUE display (btw, you can code this with bimmercode)
4. ASD sound is getting louder (if car is equipped with ASD module)

So the only performance benefit is the (1) which is available also without driving modes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
sport mode (in driving modes) is applying these changes in car programming (as far as i know - i found)

1. is switching the DCT to sport mode (faster gear changes, plus keeping higher RPM's). This is standard in all automatic vehicles.
2. stiffens up the steering wheel
3. switches rind light to red color + enabling the HP/TORQUE display (btw, you can code this with bimmercode)
4. ASD sound is getting louder (if car is equipped with ASD module)

So the only performance benefit is the (1) which is available also without driving modes.
You missed 1. Changes throttle pedal mapping to be more responsive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts