Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you do not want to possible problems with the guarantee you have to go to the dealer, or you can always take it as a generic spare parts dealer and do it yourself.

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get rid of the BMW paper filter. Replace it with the AFE lifetime dry media filter.

Pull, rinse, dry. Never pay for another paper filter again.

70$

https://www.waymotorworks.com/dry-panel-air-filter-f55-f56-mini.html
Polaris, this was my idea...I have a BMC on my fireblade...I clean it, I oil it...1000km is full of sand and black pollution...boring!
On the mini I don't want this experience.
The clean & oil operation costs more than a new original filter that remains almost clean for 10000km.
I don't know where you live...but in Milano the air is bad! Pollution at 100%!
I hope you're out in the country...in the fresh and clean air!;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Polaris, this was my idea...I have a BMC on my fireblade...I clean it, I oil it...1000km is full of sand and black pollution...boring!
On the mini I don't want this experience.
The clean & oil operation costs more than a new original filter that remains almost clean for 10000km.
I don't know where you live...but in Milano the air is bad! Pollution at 100%!
I hope you're out in the country...in the fresh and clean air!;)
I live up near Pordenone, so a little bit cleaner (aside from the smell of pig manure).

This filter is different. You DO NOT oil it. It is a dry filter. All you need to do is pull it out, soak it in a bath of Simple Green (bio-enzyme degreaser) and water, rinse it off, let dry and replace (so approximately 3-4$ every 5000-7000km). No oil, no mess. I recommend the filter for sure.

Give me a shout if you ever find your way up here. Would love to meet other Mini enthusiasts. Everyone around here just doesn't care about their cars like I do mine.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live up near Pordenone, so a little bit cleaner (aside from the smell of pig manure).

This filter is different. You DO NOT oil it. It is a dry filter. All you need to do is pull it out, soak it in a bath of Simple Green (bio-enzyme degreaser) and water, rinse it off, let dry and replace (so approximately 3-4$ every 5000-7000km). No oil, no mess. I recommend the filter for sure.

Give me a shout if you ever find your way up here. Would love to meet other Mini enthusiasts. Everyone around here just doesn't care about their cars like I do mine.
The smell pig shouldn't plug the filter!
And you should give me this info BEFORE I had booked the filter in BMW...I have already ordered it. It had to be arrived yesterday but the dealer has not called me yet...I can't change idea now and abandom them...first and last I will have to go again in that dealer (...to buy a F54 JCW for instance...)
The next one can be this dry filter...so thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you hear the turbo spool up better with the paper filter? I know in the past when I have replaced the entire intake with a cone filter and intake tube the sound changed to where I could hear the turbo pulling in the air.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Do you hear the turbo spool up better with the paper filter? I know in the past when I have replaced the entire intake with a cone filter and intake tube the sound changed to where I could hear the turbo pulling in the air.
With the AFE dry filter, I definitely hear the noise for sure, but it's not considerably noisier. It sounds really nice for the B38!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.