Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Mini Cooper with the 1.5 L BMW engine was delivered in OCT 2016 and has ~4800 kilometres on the clock. Twice in the last two weeks I have had the Engine functions light come on and both times I visited the dealer. Each time the service department did a few checks, changed the engine oil and reset the light and sent me home. I was told Mini is aware of an issue with the fuel injection but Mini has not been able to write software to rectify the problem but should by spring. The oil change is required as the overly rich fuel injection contaminated the oil with fuel.

I live in Ontario Canada and wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

RET

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am interested that no one has replied to my post as the dealer said they had four or five other cars with this issue and therefore I would have thought there would be many other cars out there in the world. Maybe this is only a problem for Canadian cars.

RET

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ret, My Cooper is pretty much the same age and mileage as yours (Sept 2016, 3000miles) and luckily I have not had the engine light come on, as yet.

Your post is helpful though because if it does, I know where to tell the dealer to look first!
I have a code reader which would probably confirm it.

Thanks for the info. though.

Perhaps it is a Canada thing, perhaps due to harsher winters needing a different software coding in the fuel injector programming and they didn't quite get it right.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I am interested that no one has replied to my post as the dealer said they had four or five other cars with this issue and therefore I would have thought there would be many other cars out there in the world. Maybe this is only a problem for Canadian cars.

RET
It might be that you're the only one who has this issue. If that is the case, it's fascinating and we all eagerly await your report of the resolution.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts