Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Some of the others may come on for just a second while starting while the check engine light stays on a little longer. It should go out after the engine fires up. If there is a fault detected it comes on while driving and will stay on the next time the engine is started.
As stated, totally normal. When the lights come on with one press of the start button and the engine is started the systems are running a check and each light goes out when the check is finished. If the engine light comes on while driving a fault is detected, if it flashes shut it down and get it to the service center.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Your first car is a JCW? Geeez... my first car was a $1000 toyota corolla.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
66 Posts
£250 Corolla... luxury!!

Renault 4 with 6 volt electrics... and you lot think standard halogens on the Mini are bad sheeesh

Blew it up, broke driveshafts and finally the rear suspension collapsed (there were 6 of us in it at the time)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't deserve the car.

Today I stopped in front of the line of a roundabout. When it was ready for me to move on, I put it into first gear and stepped on the gas.

The car was not moving so I looked at the gear lever. I then realized the lever was only half engaged. The stick was vibrating crazy when my foot was on gas.

I am destroying the car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't deserve the car.

Today I stopped in front of the line of a roundabout. When it was ready for me to move on, I put it into first gear and stepped on the gas.

The car was not moving so I looked at the gear lever. I then realized the lever was only half engaged. The stick was vibrating crazy when my foot was on gas.

I am destroying the car.
If you don't smash this up yourself then I feel for the person who buys it after you!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't deserve the car.

I am destroying the car.
If you don't smash this up yourself then I feel for the person who buys it after you!!
Did i damage it bad? I am still learning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.