Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm having some problems again. I bought my 2015 Mini Cooper S a few months ago and have loved it while I've had it. Unfortunately it's been in the shop a bit sense my purchase. First for a new tranny (manual) and then for an engine shake at idol. Today, after a road trip this weekend (900mi). The shake started up again. Does any one has any ideas that might help?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, I'm having some problems again. I bought my 2015 Mini Cooper S a few months ago and have loved it while I've had it. Unfortunately it's been in the shop a bit sense my purchase. First for a new tranny (manual) and then for an engine shake at idol. Today, after a road trip this weekend (900mi). The shake started up again. Does any one has any ideas that might help?

Thanks in advance,
Hi,I know this post was a long time ago but wondered if you ever figured out what was causing the engine shake? I'm getting the same problem on a 1.5d and can't figure it out. Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Engine mounts, there are 3 1 rocker in the center easily replaceable lower part and 2 on the upper sides, that of the passenger is replaceable well, that of the driver instead is a mange because very recessed under the air filter and battery compartment.

1)
Automotive design Auto part Font Automotive exterior Electric blue

2)
Output device Musical instrument Gadget Font Machine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Engine mounts, there are 3 1 rocker in the center easily replaceable lower part and 2 on the upper sides, that of the passenger is replaceable well, that of the driver instead is a mange because very recessed under the air filter and battery compartment.

1) View attachment 81540

2) View attachment 81541
Thanks for the reply. Someone did mention the engine mounts before but I was a bit skeptical as I don't here any knocking etc at any other times?. The engine just seems to shake back and forward (car feels like its chugging/going to stall)when the temperature is low. Once it is warmed up it runs fine with no shaking. The rpm at idle stays consistent at around 900rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts