Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, looking for some insight on EAC failure and if anyone else is experiencing the same. I have 2015 F55 with 30k. The EAC sensor went out and mini wants me to buy a new radiator. I understand the sensor ir built into the radiator and I would need to change the entire thing. I am not in a SULEV states so warranty does not cover. The radiation is OEM so I know it’s the right radiator. Is there a way to remove such code via mapping like esys or bimmer code? Like to hear if anyone figured a work around. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have an issue with EAC on my F56. Car has 34k. I'm in the SULEV state, but I'm not the first owner of the car, so not sure if SULEV warranty still applies... Gotta check with the dealer. If not, I'm just gonna replace the sensor myself, apparently it's not that difficult.

I mean I really like the concept of a radiator helping to prevent smog, but having another sensor for that is just plain bs... Of course it's gonna fail. And of course they'll tell you that the entire $600 radiator has to be replaced. Geez.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there, looking for some insight on EAC failure and if anyone else is experiencing the same. I have 2015 F55 with 30k. The EAC sensor went out and mini wants me to buy a new radiator. I understand the sensor ir built into the radiator and I would need to change the entire thing. I am not in a SULEV states so warranty does not cover. The radiation is OEM so I know it’s the right radiator. Is there a way to remove such code via mapping like esys or bimmer code? Like to hear if anyone figured a work around. Thanks
Mini Cooper sent me a warranty stating that I had a 15 year 150,000 mile warranty on this issue. The EAC Sensor #M-ELWR 2020 B46M Radiator EAC Sensor 15Y150M. Call the dealer before you purchase a new radiator, also call the national Mini Cooper department.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I will connect with them before doing any work on it. The car runs great anyway. Is the car registered in a state that requieres emisión testing? I am in Florida which does not and they once stated that extended warranty only applies for certain states that get the SULEV discount. To me that is a total rip off. I found this online, it’s a know issue by mini do to the parts they used, look at the cause description from their doc. . It should be a recall for anyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I have the same issue with a clubman 2016, EAC sensor on radiator
got check engine light on, took it to mini, they reprogram radiator but, light came back days later, mini dealer wants to replace radiator, very expensive solution
any advice on how to solve this issue with out replacing the whole thing?
Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts