Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the message I got from the dealer..

I hope you are getting excited, your MINI is almost here! MINI USA should be releasing all 2015s mid to late October, so you've got about one more month! Can't wait to see how yours turned out! Have a good day:)

Another delay. I was promised first week of October. Then before the 10th. Now it's mid to late?! I don't know how long I can take this. :(

·
Registered
494 Posts

I hope you are getting excited, your MINI is almost here! MINI USA should be releasing all 2015s mid to late October, so you've got about one more month! Can't wait to see how yours turned out! Have a good day:)

Another delay. I was promised first week of October. Then before the 10th. Now it's mid to late?! I don't know how long I can take this. :(
Is this for real ?

Any reason(s) for another month delay?
Still to do with the EPA Certification ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
131 Posts

Arios - when did you order yours?!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh noooooooooo... Please say it isn't so... I just called my dealer (MINI USA) and relayed the above message...he has not heard anything other than the Oct 1ts date... he is looking into and will let me know. Argh

But really even if they were released today there are thousands of MINI's that need to be loaded and trucked out on car carrires nationwide. Logistically speaking, to distrubute the cars that are here is a huge task and that will take time.

We shall see, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered mine August 4. And was born August 29. Was delayed in shipping. It was supposed to be on the ship that docks on September 25 as per my dealer but they emailed me again last week that it's on the ship that docks on October 4 instead.

They said it should be ready for pick up 4 days later when it gets to the dealer. But then I got this text message yesterday. I asked and they can't give me a clear answer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered 7/29....it was produced in Aug and shipped out of the UK the last week of Aug and arrived in Baltimore, MD USA on September 2nd. I am about 5 hours north in CT. Originally, I was told 6 to 8 weeks but was told that there was a chance that MINI may hold the 2015's until more 2014's sold.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered 7/29....it was produced in Aug and shipped out of the UK the last week of Aug and arrived in Baltimore, MD USA on September 2nd. I am about 5 hours north in CT. Originally, I was told 6 to 8 weeks but was told that there was a chance that MINI may hold the 2015's until more 2014's sold.
Mine was ordered 07/02/14. Arrived in Baltimore with plenty of time to be delivered the second week of August as promised.

I could understand them wanting to hold dealer spec cars to clear out 2014 cars, but our cars are purpose built for us; no advantage to keeping us waiting for them, especially those of us who have loaner cars. And my dealer doesn't seem to have more than a handful of 2014 MC and MCS units. Most of the lot is taken up with Pacman and Countryman models.

Hey! I'm a Member now! The magic number is 30.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Maybe this is one way to increase the Countryman and Paceman Sales by holding back the 2015 MC and MCS models from showing up on the dealer lots ? In other words, holding the customer hostage.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It would be a great way to loose customers. If that the their thought process:(

I think there is a lot more to the story than what we know or we're being told.
Sounds like the old Get Smart TV show, The Cone of Silence.
I would be really surprised if Oct.1 date can be met.
Now that would be a very big let down. My gut says it will. It won't happen.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was so excited when we ordered but I am finding the experience very disappointing. I have received no information at all from my dealer. The only update we got was when we called them. At that point they said mid September. They had heard there were delays but they didn't know what they were. I have heard nothing since then. Either the dealership is woefully uninformed, which I think is inexcusable, or they are keeping their customers uninformed, which is just as bad. This is my dream car but now I find I'm worried about dealing with the dealership in the future, if the car has issues. My joy is fading.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I was so excited when we ordered but I am finding the experience very disappointing. I have received no information at all from my dealer. The only update we got was when we called them. At that point they said mid September. They had heard there were delays but they didn't know what they were. I have heard nothing since then. Either the dealership is woefully uninformed, which I think is inexcusable, or they are keeping their customers uninformed, which is just as bad. This is my dream car but now I find I'm worried about dealing with the dealership in the future, if the car has issues. My joy is fading.

Very well said. My same experience and feelings as you. I am also in a Canada.
Corp says they "make no promises for del dates and they have no control." Very hard to believe that statement. An answer for everything. They can't help more, they say "go to the dealer". No communication anywhere down or up the food chain. Nonsense. Thus is no way to treat first time customers or 3rd time customer like myself. :(:(:(

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.