Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just called to give me an update status on my MC ordered on June 26 in Colorado. He said it is in port in LA and has no problem itself but is behind a month's worth of cars who need to have their Moroney labels changed in accordance with EPA. So according to this salesman, the EPA issue is resolved and I should see my car around October 1.

For me this is the same date my original salesman, who is no longer there, told me back in June. I don't really understand why the date still comes out the same with this holdup unless it got through production faster than expected. I didn't ask (yet) what compensation I would receive for my pain and suffering!

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is great news! You must be so excited! What colour are you waiting for? My dealer has yet to admit there is a delay yet. I was beginning to consider cancelling my order. If the end truly is in sight, I can hang in a little longer. Thank you for the best news I've heard in a while!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad I could ease your Waiting Blues a bit. Looks like I'm joining the VO club. Hmmm you know what Groucho Marx said about joining clubs...

·
Registered
19 Posts
MINI is not testing until the 16th and is receiving the results by the 21st (theoretically).

They will have to print stickers again, but we are a couple days from that

·
Registered
494 Posts
Does anyone think the release will be (1) before Oct. 1? (2) on Oct 1 ? (3) sometime after that ?...,,anyone hopefull we will see an early release? I have been without a car since early June. I traded in my car to the dealer, helping a customer to buy my car and for the dealer to make an immediate sale. Only thing is, it back fired on me, del was suppose to be by Sept.3. My 2008 and 2013 were always delivered early. This 2015 delivery was a very loooooooog wait.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yup, EPA or no EPA, my dealer in June told me that I should expect it first week of October and it would be the first delivery of the 2015 minis in Toronto. He must have known there was something up before he even got a letter from the main mini department! Sneaky sneaky.

·
Registered
494 Posts
My dealers tells me NOTHING. MINI tells me nothing too. I actually found out on my own that the 2015 would be delayed. When Sept 2nd came, a day before my scheduled delivery, I contacted the SA to confirm delivery. Then they got off their butt and sent me the letter from Mini Corp.....SILENCE....nobody tells you squat.....and....nobody stays in contact with the customer to give them an update as time marches on.....they call this customer no service.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My dealers tells me NOTHING. MINI tells me nothing too. I actually found out on my own that the 2015 would be delayed. When Sept 2nd came, a day before my scheduled delivery, I contacted the SA to confirm delivery. Then they got off their butt and sent me the letter from Mini Corp.....SILENCE....nobody tells you squat.....and....nobody stays in contact with the customer to give them an update as time marches on.....they call this customer no service.
That is aweful, for any future mini purchases try looking at another dealer. Let's face it, we're special people that need special attention.. we are not normal afterall ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts