Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the EPA issue been resolved?

I thought it was going to be resolved in September and car deliveries would start October 1st? From what I can tell, people on this forum are still experiencing delays, but it's not clear why.

I ordered my car on August 31st, here in Northern California. The car build was completed September 22nd and it is now waiting transport. Everything seems to be going smoothly so far, so wondering if there will be a delay once it arrives here?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
MINIgirl, by the time your car gets here you should be fine. It'll take three or four weeks to ship your car to the west coast.

Get your VIN as soon as possible. You can track your car on its shipping vessel as it makes its way to and around the U.S.

JP

Reactions: MINIgirl

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found out a couple of days ago mine made it to Port.

Tracking your car is pretty easy once you have the VIN. Enter the VIN in the Cargo ID space at this link: https://offices.2wglobal.com/office...cean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

If your MINI is shipped the same that mine was, it should go to a port in LA. Mine is sitting there currently. Ordered July 7th, built Aug 12th,

From what I understand, the EPA is just delaying when the MINI's can be released. I thought mine was going to wait it out in the UK, so it's already further along than I thought!

You also should be able to as your MINI dealer contact for info. I've been getting updates through Mike, who helped me out at the SF MINI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My car arrived in Baltimore on July 29th. I've been told everything from delivery on Oct. 4 or 5 (by dealer) to mid to late Oct. (be Mini USA). Who knows. Guess we will find out soon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
He did say that it will be a hectic time with all of what they have waiting. I assume that means it could slow things up, but he seemed to think next week will at least get things started.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check the MINI Owner's Lounge with your production number - that will give you an estimate of when MINI thinks your F56 will arrive to the dealership.

Once your MINI has been released to the trucking company that will take it to the dealership, the dealership reps can call and get an exact date (or range) of when your F56 will arrive. Until it is released to the trucking company everything is kind of a guess as for timeframe

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is still showing "awaiting transport". It finished being built September 22nd, but the factory closed from September 22nd to October 5th. So I'm thinking it's still at the factory and has not been sent to the shipping company yet.

Tried to find it by VIN number on the shipping site and no record of it yet.

Will check back next week, hopefully once the factory reopens, it will get shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts