Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had my car since end of September last year. Today when I started the car I had a white warning triangle with a white exclamation mark inside and the number 1 to the left of it. This is showing on the entertainment system not the dash. The car bleeped, and the triangle & Number 1 disappeared. Everything was normal for the rest of the journey. I’ve been out 4 times in my car and it’s happened every time. I can only find references to coloured warning signs on the dash, but nothing on the entertainment system. I managed to take a photo if it helps. I had my iPod plugged into my car, but I have done this every day since buying the car in September and this is the first day it has happened.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Looks like you have a check control message stored. To access it 1/ use the rotary controller to select vehicle information, then 2/ select vehicle status, then 3/ check control. The message should be visible.

·
Super Moderator
6,827 Posts
Mine comes up with this when the temp falls below 3 degrees c but as above if you do the controller vehicle status it will tell you!

Reactions: Eurobuff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you have a check control message stored. To access it 1/ use the rotary controller to select vehicle information, then 2/ select vehicle status, then 3/ check control. The message should be visible.
Hi, tried this but it said, “no Errors”, I also checked the oil level etc and it said everything was fine. I was out in the car today, but it didn’t come up with the warning triangle. It was warmer today though, 5.5deg C, previously it has been, 2.5degrees, zero, or even in the minus figures. Does it display the warning triangle on the centre screen, as well as the dash when the outside temperature is cold? It’s the first Mini I’ve had, and I can’t find any reference to it in the manual.

·
Super Moderator
6,827 Posts
YES-that's it ( I am right for a change). Nothing wrong with the car at all-temp below 3 degrees you get the temporary warning on the data screen infront of you below the revcounter, with the temp and then it goes off and transfers to the central display as a little triangle with a 1 in in -that's to say you have one warning which you should have seen already-but it's to remind you, it's cold take car, please don't corner too fast and leave a good distance between you and the next car. Great feature and not an issue, just a safety thing-all good! !

Reactions: Eurobuff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES-that's it ( I am right for a change). Nothing wrong with the car at all-temp below 3 degrees you get the temporary warning on the data screen infront of you below the revcounter, with the temp and then it goes off and transfers to the central display as a little triangle with a 1 in in -that's to say you have one warning which you should have seen already-but it's to remind you, it's cold take car, please don't corner too fast and leave a good distance between you and the next car. Great feature and not an issue, just a safety thing-all good! !
Thankyou. It happened again this morning (zero degrees) and I managed to get to screen before it went off, and it did say “outside temperature 0” ? . At least I know there’s nothing wrong with the car. My mini dealer wanted me to book it in to get fixed! I didn’t realise Mini could fix our weather and make it warmer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts