Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting the Excess Wear and Protection coverage if I choose to return my car at the end of the lease.

Worth it or not?

I've noticed someone complaining on FB on my dealer's website saying that the coverage wasn't honoured. I also know there are two sides to every story.

I also know that BMW/MINI are nitpicky...

Thoughts?

· Registered
35 Posts
I just got it for my car. Curious too. I'm consciousness with how I drive and park but wanted it for the tire coverage when you turn in the lease after 3 years. My car came with all weather run flats. Pirellis.

How long until the thread is shot under normal driving conditions ? 30,000 miles?

I can return the excessive wear and tear for a full refund within 60 days then afterwards the refund is prorated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was talking to my dealer of the car I'm currently leasing (about returning in January once my Cooper arrives - Non MINI and BMW) and he definitely suggested getting the Excess Use package, that it was a good investment. Still, I'd like to hear others comments about the post-lease return process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.