Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Has anyone noticed or had Mini look at an increased road noise on drivers side door (UK). ?
Before you all say that thats the side closed to the oncoming traffic..... I have noticed the noise in my mini (F56 MCS) where as it is not excessive in my wifes F56 One D.
Could it be that the door mount hinge has dropped and the seal is not tight on the door/window?
To compound the issue - I notice a "ticking" noise from the drivers door / window area when i go over uneven surfaces. I guess that it may be the electric window sensors "dancing".
My dealer is taking a look in the morning but it would be good to go armed with an issue that affects more than just me.
Is it because my Mini is Volcanic Orange? Are they picking on me?
:|

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey there,

Has anyone noticed or had Mini look at an increased road noise on drivers side door (UK). ?
Before you all say that thats the side closed to the oncoming traffic..... I have noticed the noise in my mini (F56 MCS) where as it is not excessive in my wifes F56 One D.
Could it be that the door mount hinge has dropped and the seal is not tight on the door/window?
To compound the issue - I notice a "ticking" noise from the drivers door / window area when i go over uneven surfaces. I guess that it may be the electric window sensors "dancing".
My dealer is taking a look in the morning but it would be good to go armed with an issue that affects more than just me.
Is it because my Mini is Volcanic Orange? Are they picking on me?
:|
Can't comment on excessive road however my MINI has an intermittent very irritating rattle/clicking/creaking noise on the drivers side door. I'm not sure if it is a bit temperature dependant. Also the passenger side door was doing the same last Saturday but not done it since! Grrr...........

Regards Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,
That sounds similar to the noise I have. Mini say that the rattle and excessive road noise may be connected.
They have ordered a new seal and will replace/ check window tolerances and adjust for a snug suction.
As I need a courtesy car, it will be a couple of weeks before I hopefully have a solution.
The rattle / clicking that I have sounds a bit like when the electric window contacts on older cars would rattle. Mini States this was an issue on the second generation but should not be present on the F56.
Time will tell....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey,
That sounds similar to the noise I have. Mini say that the rattle and excessive road noise may be connected.
They have ordered a new seal and will replace/ check window tolerances and adjust for a snug suction.
As I need a courtesy car, it will be a couple of weeks before I hopefully have a solution.
The rattle / clicking that I have sounds a bit like when the electric window contacts on older cars would rattle. Mini States this was an issue on the second generation but should not be present on the F56.
Time will tell....
Thanks.........keep us updated on the rattle.........some days it's there others it's not :confused:

Regards Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts