Mini Cooper Forum banner

Excitement Pack - basic spec - what should I expect?

41K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  profiteroles 
#1 ·
My Cooper is on order for Feb/Mar, the only major option is the Pepper Pack which includes the "Mini Excitement Pack". Now the salesman said this was just the flashing LED ring, but there is a dearth of info, sorry if it is on this site I have searched.

Looking at the configurator it says:

Driving Excitement. The sport instruments make every trip more fun, and are part of the Driving Excitement function, which is available as an app that is compatible with the Radio MINI Visual Boost, MINI Navigation system and MINI Professional navigation system optional equipment.
So can I expect to see "sports instruments" or do I need some more options like Visual Boost or Mini Connected? I'm not sure I can connect a smartphone without these?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Seriously, somebody should put together a matrix explaining how all these stupid options interact with and depend on each other.

The Gee-Whiz XLT option with Driver Orgasm Assist works only if you are running iPhone 4S and have the Google App installed along with the MINI Foobar app version 3.61, and your car is equipped with the Turbo Doubletalk and Pomegranate Packs (Not applicable in Lower Slobovian vehicles, or VO cars in temperate climates, or on alternate Thursdays)

:confused:

#7 ·
Thanks guys, it seems my salesman was right. To be honest I wasn't expecting more than the flashing LEDs, just that the Mini configurator is less than clear.

Seriously, somebody should put together a matrix explaining how all these stupid options interact with and depend on each other.
It would be useful, Mini must have such a thing.

#8 ·
It would be useful, Mini must have such a thing.
I don't think they do. My MINI guys are clueless about some of the more obscure options. I had one question the other day and watched it go from MA to MA, then up the chain of command, to stop dead at the sales manager. Nobody knew the answer.

Maybe I should ask the Forum. You people know a lot more about the car than the MINI folk do.

#6 ·
I have pepper pack and visual boost radio. I don't have the gimmick of the torque/bhp meter. I don't have the ability to change driving modes either as this is an additional option with pepper pack.

The car I test drove had chilli pack and this came with the display mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.