Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting a new mini cooper s. I want to know if the exhaust crackle still occurs if using regular gas. thanks

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
From my understanding, the car will still crackle and pop. The reason for the sound effects is Mini purposely designed this feature by injecting a little more fuel into the engine on the over run so it will crackle and pop but mainly in Sport mode, not green mode and dont think in normal mode.
The type of fuel used doesn't effect this, the type of fuel will reduce your total power output of the engine and maybe even economy but that is all.
If you get the JCW pro exhaust or an after market one, the crackle and pops are simply louder as 1 of the 2 pipes bypass the muffler when opened. sounds REALLY good.

Good luck in your decision, there are a lot of happy owners here and the Mini is a great, fun car to drive.

·
Registered
100 Posts
From my understanding, the car will still crackle and pop. The reason for the sound effects is Mini purposely designed this feature by injecting a little more fuel into the engine on the over run so it will crackle and pop but mainly in Sport mode, not green mode and dont think in normal mode.
The type of fuel used doesn't effect this, the type of fuel will reduce your total power output of the engine and maybe even economy but that is all.
If you get the JCW pro exhaust or an after market one, the crackle and pops are simply louder as 1 of the 2 pipes bypass the muffler when opened. sounds REALLY good.

Good luck in your decision, there are a lot of happy owners here and the Mini is a great, fun car to drive.
Hey Cessa, have you modded your exhaust yet?

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
Hey Cessa, have you modded your exhaust yet?
No, havent done any mods as yet except for the tinted windows. Just doing lots of research to spend wisely. The truth be known, my wife wont let me buy anything else so im putting a business case togther to sponsor my ambitions 0:)

So looking at chip, exhaust and black line work to be done. Getting closer to the agreement :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
No, havent done any mods as yet except for the tinted windows. Just doing lots of research to spend wisely. The truth be known, my wife wont let me buy anything else so im putting a business case togther to sponsor my ambitions 0:)

So looking at chip, exhaust and black line work to be done. Getting closer to the agreement :D
I too have only tinted the windows. I figure the car is just great as it is, and I will take time to mull over whether a new exhaust etc is required. I don't want it too loud.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The truth be known, my wife wont let me buy anything else so im putting a business case togther to sponsor my ambitions 0:)

I love how true this is... Lol

I have had great success in trade off agreements, cost more but gets the result :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was thinking about removing the cat as a cheap exhaust mod on the JCW, just to get things louder, much cheaper than a Pro exhaust.
I think 100% mini guy has done it.
It would be nice to see one in person first though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I recently had Remus cat back exhaust fitted which allows you to open and close the valve to control the noise level. It's only my wife who uses it as I just keep it on open :) It sounds fantastic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts