Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have recently purchased a John cooper works mini 231bhp I have seen their is a jcw exhaust that you can buy but the cost puts me off is their any cheaper alternative that will keep my warranty and would it affect my warranty if I fitted a mini challange back box thanks

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
There are several aftermarket exhausts available and most of them add about 8-10 HP. I don't know where you are and the warranty varies by location. Remus is one of the popular brands. In the US it does not affect the warranty. They also really increase the sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Am in the uk I don't need the valve function on the exhaust as a don't mind it being loud all the time and ideas on the warranty rules for mini challange parts ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, I'm on similar research. Remus Valvetronic seems like a good option, see also this thread:

http://www.minif56.com/forum/817-mi...e-add-remus-valvetronic-muffler-your-jcw.html

Mini JCW pro exhaust and Armytrix systems are similar.

This is also an excellent thread by someone that has installed Remus Valvetronic:

http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-s/298227-unboxing-remus-race-exhaust-v2.html

Power gains (with the valve open) should be similar but this is not my first priority.
I like the Remus solution, simple, good quality, very easy installation and reasonably priced, at least where I live.
I don't see how this can void any guarantees, does not mess with the cat or any sensors, just needs a 12V input.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Ragazzon also makes an interesting one that should work with the JCW/MCS.

Improve the performance of your F56 Mini Cooper S and give it a unique, throaty sound with the Evo Line Series Exhaust System from Ragazzon TopLine.

The Evo Line Series is the ultimate exhaust system Ragazzon offers. The Evo Line is a statement to Ragazzon’s experience and expertise by highlighting their attention for details, easily seen in the quality of the materials, in their craftsmanship and their mirror-finished products.

The Evo Line gives your car the right sporty look with the unmistakable Ragazzon sound. Constructed from AISI 304 Stainless Steel, Ragazzon has used the highest quality material, inside and out, to produce high performance products. The Evo Line lowers the back pressure in your exhaust system which leads to increased engine power, and reduces fuel consumption.

Features:

Made in Italy
Stainless Steel AISI 304 Construction
Sport Tuned Sound
Features Vacuum Operated Valves on the mufflers that can open to create a deeper more aggressive sound
Includes a remote control to operate the Vacuum Operated Valves
Dual 90mm Polished Tips
Includes adapters to connect the muffler pipes to the stock center section
Provides additional performance over the restrictive factory design

Please note: The original pipe must be cut in order to fit this system.

http://mc.madnessautoworks.com/shop...uct/search&keyword=f+56+exhaust&category_id=0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the Remus exhaust and having watched a few videos on YouTube they sound great but would warranty approve of it

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got the Remus System fitted, it's awesome! I'm in the UK also and don't think exhaust should damage warranty. It's only a piece of pipe after all. Wouldn't risk any other engine type mods if it was going into the dealers, exhaust should be fine though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Tom that is great, could you give us some more details? What is the car involved, installation complexity, reliability, power gains, etc. Any photos or videos would be also very much appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine is an F56 Cooper S. I have the race tube so no resonator. Installation is very easy it's well thought out, well made piece of kit. With the valve closed it sounds only slightly louder than stock. Valve completely open and it's an animal! I'm made up with it.
iPhone vid does not do it justice;

https://youtu.be/ys0SLTybZ78

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought it second hand and fitted it myself, there's a couple of YouTube videos on how to install it if you want to try yourself. At first I thought they were expensive but i wouldn't think twice about buying it again! Honestly the pops and bangs give you a childish grin from ear to ear!! ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tom thanks a lot, by the way, sounds really great!
A couple of questions:
- valve control supposed to have 4 positions?
- what is the default position of the valve at engine start, is it closed? (should be).

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
The valve stays as it was before you switched ignition off. I normally close it as I get closer to home to avoid annoying neighbours and I'm good when I start up in the morning that way!
I think the 4 options are Closed, 100% Open, 50% Open and 5% Open. Glad I can help, any more questions fire away! :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I managed to get a 2nd hand (eBay bargain) JCW PRO exhaust and had it fitted yesterday. I narrowed my search down to either JCW or Remus as both sound good and if you're fitting it yourself the Remus is easier.

In sports mode it sounds bonkers :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts