Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have been following the Forum for a while now and I thought I should contribute with it after spending hours reading some great info.

I have searched all over on how to remove the Exhaust Tips on the F56 Mini and could only find information about the previous models.

Well, I did remove mine these weekend and it is easy! :)

There are no bolts or welds holding it in place. It is held by pressure clips/brackets on the inside of the Tip that basically pushes against the inner pipe coming out of the muffler.

Removal Tip (the way I did it) :

Use a flat piece of wood and put it against the back of the tip. Hammer the wood pushing the tip towards the end of the car.
After the Tip starts moving you can use your hands and pull it out.
To re install is just the opposite, but you do not need a hammer. Just push it back with moderate force and it should lock in place.

Hope this is of some help to other fellow members of this Forum.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Maybe I'm missing out on something but why would or should you want to remove the exhaust tips? I assume you're talking about the standard exhaust?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great tip. Thinking of removing men and replacing with the carbon fibre tips but wasn't sure how to get them off ����

·
Registered
375 Posts
In case you want to install larger aftermarket tips. I have a S model and find the tips OD very small for my taste.
Oh ok, clear. I have the S as well and still waiting for my JCW exhaust to be delivered. Can you believe that it was ordered with the car in May this year and is still not delivered? I have tha car sinds July and expected delivery date for the exhaust is first week october!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh ok, clear. I have the S as well and still waiting for my JCW exhaust to be delivered. Can you believe that it was ordered with the car in May this year and is still not delivered? I have tha car sinds July and expected delivery date for the exhaust is first week october!!
I might be wrong, but i think it is because the dealer has to order the exhaust from Germany but that is still an extremely long wait!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi sduk.

The tips were for sale on EBay for £149 each from an official dealer. Not sure if they are still for sale but they will fit the Cooper S.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I might be wrong, but i think it is because the dealer has to order the exhaust from Germany but that is still an extremely long wait!!
Germany or UK. According to BMW AG there are some quality issues and production has been stopped for a while.

My sales person at the Mini dealership complained that they are pushed to sell more accessories but when it comes to delivery of the items they're often not available or have extreme long delivery times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:(
Hi there,

I have been following the Forum for a while now and I thought I should contribute with it after spending hours reading some great info.

I have searched all over on how to remove the Exhaust Tips on the F56 Mini and could only find information about the previous models.

There are no bolts or welds holding it in place. It is held by pressure clips/brackets on the inside of the Tip that basically pushes against the inner pipe coming out of the muffler.

Use a flat piece of wood and put it against the back of the tip. Hammer the wood pushing the tip towards the end of the car.
To re install is just the opposite, but you do not need a hammer. Just push it back with moderate force and it should lock in place.

I open this post again.........

Are you sure the exhast tips are not welded? I tryed with the hammer, but the tips wont move a millimeter..........

Joacim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also want to change the tips on my f56 cooper sd, but don't know the size I need to buy. What is the diameter of the stock tubes of the S / SD? ( inner tube 63mm, 2.5 inch?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

Hi don’t suppose you know if this will be the same for a Clubman Cooper s? I am keen to replace my exhaust tips but don’t know how to get them off

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys,
Just a question.
The inner diameter of the final part of the exhaust on a JCW is also 63mm/2,5" tube?
I want at least change my end tips. My 2019 JCW with GPF won´t allow me the th change change for a JCW pro exhaust... (dealership warranty)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts