Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Ben here. I'm an Englishman who's been living stateside for about 10 yrs now.

Just ordered my new baby from Mini of Baltimore and subsequently haven't been able to sleep properly since...

4 door Hardtop BRG with white roof and stripes (I just HAD to spend the extra $500 on the classic British Racing Green, although I was sorely tempted to be a member of team VO). :D
I chose the Wired Package (XL Nav, Bluetooth etc), Victory Spoke Black wheels. Would have liked a 2 door Mini, but sometimes you have to be realistic:

Got about a 6-8 week wait in front of me. I'm hoping it'll come out of the Oxford plant.
I just wanted to say that I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now and the discussions you've all been having were a massive help in choosing the specs and options.

Quick question - What sort of finish do the 16" black victory spoke wheels have? Is it a powder coated finish (similar to the paint on a bicycle) or do they have a more plastic like finish?

Cheers all!

Ben

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice build Ben.

I could understand the sleepless nights :)

Get to know your car while waiting. You can browse the forum, read the manual and watch some YouTube videos. Watching those videos will actually make you more excited to have your hands on the wheels of your new F55.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't know there was a name difference between the 2 and 4 doors. Good to know! So many things to learn :D

Good to know the wheels are glossy - should be much easier to wipe clean. My last car had awful brake dust issues and was always a massive pain to keep them looking nice.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Didn't know there was a name difference between the 2 and 4 doors. Good to know! So many things to learn :D

Good to know the wheels are glossy - should be much easier to wipe clean. My last car had awful brake dust issues and was always a massive pain to keep them looking nice.
Good choice - color/colour. The black wheels will get dusty (Mine do). Give you something more to polish.

See gallery page 5, Violent Orange, sirron. I used to work in Oxford on the Morris Minor, a long, long time ago. :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts